Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How do you like your buncher

snowpeke ยท 2012-11-25 13:50

Just started running this new buncher and it is a very fast and smooth. It is a little more tippy than the timbcos but I am getting used to it. How does your buncher handle? i

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies12
  1. #1SVIPD2012-11-26 09:44

    I'm still partial to the Waratah danglers, I do like the set-up you have though. Have you seen the Rotne line?

  2. #2Dom2012-11-26 10:53

    Do you mean Rottne? If so, for wheeled type harvesters they are impressive. The H20 is a beast. I also like Ecolog with Logmax heads. http://www.eco-log.se/en/company/eco_log_in_soderhamn http://www.rottne.com/ Tracked harvesters, I'm partial to Tigercat. As long as the machine pays itself and the owner, its a good machine for the job.

  3. #3SVIPD2012-11-26 11:14

    Yes, I meant Rottne... Been a lil while.

  4. #4Plebeian2012-11-27 03:25

    I hope to see this one working when next time I am down south. Climb Max. Modified ZAXIS 400 with built in winch for slope work and blade 'brake'. http://youtu.be/4FwgrE6afvs

  5. #5theironoracle2012-11-27 23:27

    that video is awesome! i wonder how long it will take to get something like that in the woods in the northwest US? the blade would help tons i never thought of that before! i would think redudant lines and winches though, and a hotsaw it would be a bad day to get in the middle of that hill and have to change a bent bar or ? it could take a couple of hours to get down the hill 500 ft then back up 500ft! the shovel logging production is amazing.....................................theironoracle

  6. #6Darksidelogger2012-11-28 10:45

    we regularly bunch 32 inch plus trees on steeper slopes with our levelling Tigercat L870C I wonder why no self leveller. Less work for the swing drives, easier on the operator, pushes the centre of gravity forward and makes it climb better it just seems a little odd as the levellers are so common now. But it seems to work for them so that's all that really matters the blade and winch are a neat idea. DSL

  7. #7theironoracle2012-12-08 10:01

    i am trying to locate a set of rails and pads for a timbco 425b buncher, i found a set but they don't have the mud hole or the corners clipped on the pads how important is this?????.....thanks......theironoracle

  8. #8Tacodriver2012-12-08 10:45

    I have seen the track shop at cat in cranbrook cutting out the holes in the pads, only took a few hours. The holes are really nice in winter to keep the rails from packing with snow and the clipped corners would only take a bit to nip off with a torch. The pads will round off nicely the first good rocky patch the buncher gets into anyway. We are running a tigercat lx830c with a quadco head seems to be a really good package.

  9. #9loggers son2012-12-08 16:41

    good looking package. nice

  10. #10JustLogIt2012-12-14 23:27

    Nose Cone on TimberPro Couldn't figure out how to send picture in PM. Yes, it is a counterweight. I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking it weighs 3,000 lbs (filled with lead shot). TimberPro builds it, so it fits just perfect on front of the fuel tank. Need a good welder. Anyway, made all the difference in the world for me

  11. #11JustLogIt2012-12-30 20:14

    Better Nose Cone Picture Finally got better picture of TimberPro nosecone / counterbalance. Made all the difference for me.

  12. #121270d2012-12-30 20:44

    Wasn't that the fuel tank on the older timbco's? Edit, nvrmind. I re read your post. My bad