I am fixing to pull the engine from this machine, 1991 and was wondering about the flywheel bolts! I don't see any, does the engine just come out!! Komatsu 520c dresser/loader
I can't remember if these are close coupled to the transmission in one piece or if there is a short drive line between the torque converter and the transmission. A photo would help.
It has 12 bolts in bell housing,just want to make sure how the flywheel is separates from the input of transmission. I don't see bolts or nuts thru inspection hole.
As I recall on those the torque converter housing has teeth meshing with the flywheel mating gears. The engine is just separated from the transmission housing the torque converter stayed with the transmission. I don't recall ever seeing a torque converter bolted to a drive plate or the flywheel on a wheel loader.
You are right! My student and I removed it today, easy process. I did find a 3 inch or so hard silver lock ring in the bottom of the flywheel housing. I'm not sure where it came from? I think maybe on one of the pumps, bolted to the back of the transmission housing!