Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

530 Case injection pump help needed

VAMark ยท 2014-08-05 18:03

I have a late 60's Case 530 CK that has a seized pump and a broken shaft on the DBGFCC431-27aj pump. Where can I purchase repair parts or get this thing rebuilt without breaking the bank? I know it's not cheap to work on these things but I mainly use it to open my driveway during big snows and digging a few holes or lifting something. The reason it locked is my own fault, I ran biodiesel in it and did not run it out in time to keep it from going bad... bad idea, no more biodiesel for me! :Banghead I am going to drain and flush the entire system and replace fuel filters before installing new pump. Thanks for any help you may have to offer. Mark

Replies22
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-08-05 19:27

    I'll look around and see what I've got to help you out..

  2. #2thepumpguysc2014-08-05 19:48

    H&R- 20387 DR. SH-12013 Kit-24371 P-tube-16320 I'm on vacation till next week..

  3. #3VAMark2014-08-05 19:59

    Great, let me know when you get back from vacation and the pricing for the parts. Thanks!

  4. #4thepumpguysc2014-08-06 07:18

    While your waiting on prices from me.. check ebay. Your pump actually superseded to a DBO431-2547 check "the bay" for that also.. You can STILL rebuild you old pump but if you can get an updated pump for the cost of parts.. go for it..

  5. #5thepumpguysc2014-08-06 08:09

    Forgot to mention.. PULL THE INJECTORS!!! Without pressing the head apart, you don't know what actually caused the seizure.. COULD BE stuck injectors.. caused back pressure to build up in line and cocked the rotor in the head?? Injectors are cheap to test.. and replacement is cheaper than a new pump..[depending on part #]

  6. #6VAMark2014-08-06 08:47

    I found a used on from a pre 72 580... Will that work? He wants $400 for it, is that a good price? Thanks!

  7. #7VAMark2014-08-06 08:59

    The engine was running perfectly smooth, no missing and just died instantly. The inside of the pump had a bunch of rusty colored crap the consistancy of mud in it, typical of biodiesel sludge, and some other pump parts showed signs of corrosion and slight wear. I pulled the #1 injector while setting the motor position before pulling pump and it "looked" fine, I will pull the others and get them tested.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2014-08-06 09:27

    Give me the #'s off the "used" pump and I'll compare the internals and application.. 400.00 is a GOOD PRICE for a REBUILT PUMP.. aslong as the H&R is good. but you probably wont get a warranty on the used pump.. I know a lot of "salvage" places that will give you a pump for cheap and tell you, if it doesn't work, bring it back and we'll give you another.. Get the injectors tested.. without question.. I'll email the office for pr&avail on the H&R.. it may take awhile seeing.. when the cats away, the mice will play.. LOL I'm almost certain I have a used drive shaft.. but wont know till Monday.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2014-08-06 09:51

    Just looked-up injectors.. 2 possibles.. 20671 and 20673.. the small space between the top[return] and the clamp is where you'll find the p#.. probably need to wire wheel it. You'll probably have the "old" # on it.. just post it and I'll cross it.. CALL and find out HOW MUCH a "POP TEST" is going to cost on 4 STANADYNE PENCIL INJECTORS.. then weigh your options on new ones on google.. Lets say they charge you 10.00 each to test them.. 40.00 total.. then 2 are bad.. and they charge you 60.00 apiece.. that's 120.00 + 40.00 = 160.00 + tax.. AND your only getting 2 new ones.. You can get 4 new ones all day long on the internet for less.. Just trying to be helpful..

  10. #10VAMark2014-08-06 15:27

    I Really appreciate your help! Thanks I'll find those numbers tonight if it's not raining.

  11. #11VAMark2014-08-06 18:10

    I was thinking after looking at the pictures online that those are not the injectors I have..... I have CAV injectors???? My 530 CK might be from 66 serial # is 8286266.

  12. #12lantraxco2014-08-06 19:40

    'em r not pencils I think....

  13. #13thepumpguysc2014-08-06 20:39

    Those are definatly not pencil injectors.. CAV BKBL injectors.. What I did was.. took the pump #, got the engine model, G188D and plugged it into the Stanadyne/RoosaMaster injector application chart.. seeing the pump was Stanadyne, I assumed so where the injectors.. I think we need to do alittle MORE research.. DO you KNOW FOR SURE what engine you have?? Has the pump ever been changed out?? Its not uncommon for an engine manuf. to use 2 different fuel system manuf.. I'll look up the inj and see what they fit.

  14. #14lantraxco2014-08-06 20:59

    Case parts pages show for a 530CK it should have a 188 engine, does show the CAV injectors, Case # A49056. Original Case pump numbers are A35773 if it has a standard clutch. A35774 with "Case-O-matic" drive shaft is G47113 if any of that helps?

  15. #15thepumpguysc2014-08-06 21:08

    Looks like the injectors fit a 430.. BUT on 1 site a guy was looking for THE SAME INJ. for HIS 530 w/a g188d pump fits a 530/580 w/ d188g engine. IF it ran before with the inj.. it will run again.. don't sweat it.. just get them tested..looks like they run about 100.00 each BUT, "I KNOW A GUY"..

  16. #16VAMark2014-08-06 21:23

    I have had the Backhoe for about 5 years and it has always run fine, I found a spec sheet on a website that listed the DB431 and CAV injectors on the 188. This one has the manual clutch, I don't know the history other than the motor was rebuilt in the 80's and it had very little use since then. I will get them tested.

  17. #17Tinkerer2014-08-07 06:07

    VAMARK, A word of warning if you are tempted to purchase cheap injectors on the internet. I purchased what I was led to believe were new injectors for about $55.00 each. I kinda thoght it was too good to be true. When I received them I could see that someone had engraved a part number on them. I then knew they were rebuilt. I installed them because I had trucks coming with fill dirt and it was situation I could not just tell them to wait while I tried to find new injectors. Sadly they started to fail in a short time one by one. I didn't even get 100 hours use from them. The engine ran like a sick pig. I was able to find genuine Case injectors on ebay. They were (NOS) new old stock still sealed in the case plastic bags. $200.00 for all four of them with free delivery. Contact the pumpguy he "knows a guy" that may give you a good deal.

  18. #18thepumpguysc2014-08-09 06:59

    WOW.. Parts for that thing are EXPENSIVE. H&R is 967.00 list Dr. Shaft is 188.00 list.. List is what YOU would pay as a "walk-in".. at the front counter, of an injection shop.. [not what I would charge] Its still gonna be cheaper to BUY A PUMP off "the bay" with parts you can use.. BEFORE you pull the trigger on ANY of those pumps that don't have YOUR EXACT #'s...DBGFCC431-27AJ or DBO431-2547... Mail me and I'll do the comparisons.. Like I said, I think I have a drive shaft, if your "new pump" doesn't come with 1.. Sorry for the bad news..TPG

  19. #19VAMark2014-08-09 07:45

    Thanks TPG!! I have a few I found on the bay, I'll PM you the details.

  20. #20thepumpguysc2014-08-09 16:42

    Havent gotten any PM's..

  21. #21VAMark2014-12-08 22:14

    Update!! I finally got the backhoe running again... Thanks to all who replied and a HUGE Thank You to thepumpguysc!!!!!! Took the injectors and had them tested, I rebuilt the used pump I bought, got it installed and timed up, flushed my fuel system, installed new filters and bled the air out of pump and lines. Took a while to get it bled out good, then I tightened the lines back up and cranked it over a few seconds and started to see some puffs of smoke. WOW what a relief that was!!!!! A quick spritz of either and it came to life, took about 30 seconds to smooth out.

  22. #22melben2014-12-10 00:05

    PG, The first 188s had the big two bolt style, The old heads when parts supply was exhausted went to the new head ,pencils and lines. Mel