Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544a transmission

Tony 65 · 2021-03-31 08:20

Does anyone know how to clean suction screen on 544a. Looks to me like transmission needs to come out. Only about 1/2” of room between cover and frame.

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2021-03-31 22:16

    It's only been thirty years, but isn't there a rubber 90 hose you remove, then a circle of bolts, pull the strainer and metal ring plate out of the case? I remember doing it, but not how tight it was. Did change the drive biscuits once too!

  2. #2Tony 652021-04-01 12:52

    Perhaps I’m not looking in right place. No rubber hose. Just 2 covers on opposite sides of transmission at the bottom directly behind the drain plugs.

  3. #3lantraxco2021-04-01 13:21

    No, my bad, looks like the cover on the right side covers the strainer. Old brain.

  4. #4heymccall2021-04-01 18:57
  5. #5Tony 652021-04-02 00:30

    Thank u. Yes that is what I was looking at. I guess there is no way to get it out short of pulling transmission. There is only about 3/4” space between the frame and that cover. Not enough to hardly remove the bolts. So can’t see any way I could get the strainer out. Seems a strange way to build something that needs to be serviced as a maintenance procedure.

  6. #6Tony 652021-04-02 00:34

    Sorry. Just to be clear. The strainer is #5 in picture correct ?