Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544C Loader Will Not Run

garebear · 2024-03-12 11:24

I have 544C loafer that will not run without ignition in on position & using my remote button at starter selinoid. When running the panel shows stop, park lights flashing & it will not go into any gears or shut off the park brakes. I check fuse, relays, main shutoff switch, selinoid & its getting power to everything it should but it stoll won't start at key switch, shut off parking or go in drive & reverse. Im getting at my grey hairs ends. Any tips or idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Replies10
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-03-12 14:11

    Welcome to HEF garebear . From your instrument panel description doesn’t sound like you are working on a Deere 544C. You have the serial number ?

  2. #2garebear2024-03-13 11:51

    Thanks for welcome & replying. Ya it might be a 544G. I've looked every where on the unit & cant find a plate with a date mfg. or any other monoclasure. I'm assuming it's a 96'. The plate in upper right corner shows, Model # 924399 Serial # 549841

  3. #3mg23612024-03-13 12:19

    The plate should be under the cab behind the steps to get in.

  4. #4garebear2024-03-14 12:02

    I'll take a look again & get back with u. Thanks

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-03-16 10:17

    @garebear , Does the monitor panel look exactly like the screenshot below? If yes, it’s a Deere “G” series loader. .

  6. #6garebear2024-03-22 16:07

    Yes it look like your pic. So I'm dealing with the 544G Model. Tht may explain not finding a tag under or next to the steps. The tag I located was in the upper right side of cab: Model # 924399 Serial # 549841 I'm back working on this loader & still have not found a solution. Been checking all the switches to the brakes, transmission & haven't found a problem. Has anyone run across this problem. Thanks in advance

  7. #7Diesel Dave2024-03-22 18:26

    Deere G series loader Start circuit schematic below. .

  8. #8Diesel Dave2024-03-22 18:35

    Deere G series loader Transmission electrical schematic below . .

  9. #9garebear2024-03-25 11:59

    Thanks Dave for the schematics. Do u have any advice which controls or system I should test. Qht might be the most probable causes? Thanks

  10. #10Diesel Dave2024-03-25 14:34

    I would begin with the start circuit. Find the fuse and relay panel layout below, in case yours is not readable. .