Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Introduction Plus help on a JD 544K attachment aptions.

Junkcars ยท 2024-03-11 22:57

Whats up people... Just joined this forum i think is awesome the amount of info you can find here! i tried to look for a introduction section for new members but i either didnt find it or this forum doesnt have one. I know in some other forums its good etiquette to introduce yourself before asking questions. I'd like to get some info on how to go about installing forks on a JD 544k we just bought this thing and it doesnt have a quick coupler its just pretty much the 3 main arms held by pins straight to the bucket. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on its terminology but i will explain the best i can. I need forks and from what i can see there are 2 options qc and pin on style but i cannot find something that takes the 3 arms my 544k has am i missing something in between the carriage and the 3 arms to the machine? I can upload pictures tomorrow I'm sure that will help a lot better. anyways any insight is always appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612024-03-12 05:14

    Welcome to HEF Junkcars ! At the very bottom of the Forum list. If I recall correctly, I think your only option is to purchase a front coupler kit so you can buy the coupler mounted forks (Paladin attachments). Unless someone knows of a manufacturer who makes pin on. There are hook type, where hooks are welded to the bucket and the forks hang from them, but I don't think the weld-on hook type will work on a "K" bucket.

  2. #2Junkcars2024-03-12 22:39

    Got you! i totally missed that section and it was right there!!! thank you for the info and yes i was doing so much research last night i realized i will need at least a coupler (i think thats what is called) and also forks because, you are right, im having a hard time finding pin on style forks, the ones i've seen arent compatible. I did find someone that can make forks for the industry I'm in (salvage cars) and the salesman told me they can make the direct pin on style but I dont wanna commit myself to having to remove pins every time i need to swap attachment. I am in a tough position tho because -correct me if im wrong- if i find the coupler then i cant use the bucket without removing the pins or welding some type of adapter to be compatible with the new coupler.

  3. #3Junkcars2024-03-12 22:43

    if i send you my SN youll be able to tell me the correct kit i need? or at least point me in the right direction of what i need to look for to make sure the part im buying will fit my loader. thats my main problem im having i see the couplers on ebay and ironplanet and some other websites but i dont know which one will fit it. thanks

  4. #4heymccall2024-03-12 23:12

    We have a bunch of JRB (paladin) attachments in our going out of business auction. 5' frame with 5' tines, and 8' frames with 6' tines. And 9' angle brooms, and a jib boom, and side dump buckets, and 4in1 buckets. And 3 and 3.5 cuyd buckets. Westmoreland County, PA. Hunyady on April 3. Hell, buy a loader, too. As for fit up, our Deeres had 3 linkage options. Parallel, Z-bar, or Powerllel. The parallel has two tilt cylinders.

  5. #5heymccall2024-03-12 23:25

    And, if someone has a way to determine, we have a 544GTC, Zbar, w/18k hours and a hole in the engine block. It has a JRB (Paladin) coupler. It goes, too (whole machine). The 544G are 12 volt, and H,J, and K are 24V.

  6. #6mg23612024-03-13 05:01

    You can buy plates to replace the pin-on plates. The pin-on plates get cut off and the JRB coupler plates get welded on in their place. See below. Just post it here. Or just look up your parts here .

  7. #7Junkcars2024-03-31 01:05

    sorry about the late reply i havent had time to log in how do i contact you or get some more info ? i sent you a PM

  8. #8Junkcars2024-03-31 01:06

    just wanted to say thank you all for helping me in this quest and expanding my understanding of what my options are. I still havent bought anything yet but at least now i know what i need to look for.