I recently broke the plastic handle off my lift/dump cylinder handle, to my surprise it had wires in it for a downshift button. My broken knob did not have an operating switch in it. Its my understanding if the machine is in 2nd and you dig into a pile and press the switch the machine will downshift into 1st for you. I tested it by putting the machine in 2nd and touching the wires together and it does indeed downshift into 1st. My question is what happens if the machine is in 3rd or 4th and the button gets accidently pushed???? I plow with this machine in the winter on dirt roads and I bounce around a lot (that's how I broke the knob to begin with) I don't want the risk of it down shifting from 3rd to 1st while I'm hammering down a road is 3rd at 2000rpm plowing. And I don't want to test it to find out..........lol. Does anyone know if the computer is smart enough to not downshift into 1st based on ground speed? I'd like to have the functionality back for digging but I'll go with a plan knob its designed to downshift at any speed into 1st. Am I missing something? I'm no expert on this machine. thanks in advance.
1st tap, one gear drop. 2nd tap, back to original gear.
side note …Quick shift doesn’t function in 4th gear
thank you, I guess i'll try to replace the knob and get the functionality back. I looked on line, these knobs are not exactly easy to find aftermarket. Mine has 12mm x 1.25 threads on it. I'm toying with the idea of putting a Hurst pistol grip Shifter handle on it, the kind with the red push button on the top
I say, go for it. The brown knob style was replaced with the black pistol grip style. Both have a deficiency in that the "rubber" over the button is too stiff. No matter what you make, it will be better.