Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

550h tracks

Angleblade11 · 2025-09-17 21:35

Good evening. I have a JD 550H and my tracks just recently all of the sudden started squeaking. The track slack has been around 1.5”. All the rollers are working as should. The bushing are now wearing and sprockets are getting shined up. Seems to be getting worst much faster then I would like. The squeaking is almost too much to run it. I noticed the pins and pushing have play in them when I wiggle the pads. What would cause this to happen so quickly. I know I’m going to need a set of chains. But I would like to get it to winter then change them. I’m sure I’ll have to change the sprockets as well. Any way to quiet those chains down temporarily. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Angleblade112025-09-17 21:42

    Also I believe I have the wet chains filled with oil? Is there a way to add more oil? Seems like there is a rubber plug on each chain but I can’t it out. Thanks

  2. #2dirthog2025-09-18 20:31

    You don't take the plugs out there is a needle and pump you use the needle is just pushed through the plug. If they are that bad oil will not stay anyhow.

  3. #3Angleblade112025-09-19 05:20

    Ok. Where can I get the oil and needle?

  4. #4dirthog2025-09-19 07:07

    Our dealership bought it through Cat as a unit the pump which sit on a 55 gallon drum hoses and gun it also had a vacuum pump which you used first then the oil was pulled in. As I said chances are they will NOT hold oil if they are wore that bad.