Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

550L de-accelerator question

caselucky6977 ยท 2013-04-20 08:54

Friend of mine is using a Case 550L (and has also used other brand dozers in the past) that have the de-accelerator control w/ the foot steering. He has commented that the Case seems to not be DE-accelerating but just ACCELerating instead. That to me sounds like an issue with the dozer...but I have never driven one, Case or otherwise, so I do not know. Does the machine possibly have a 'switch' that changes the functionality of the lever??

Replies1
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-04-20 10:24

    Most of the case machines had the accelerating with the older units, the newer units could be ordered with the accelerating or the decal pedal, I don't think you can change it, without parts. There may be a broken spring causing this problem with the pedal but more than likely it was bought with the accelerating type pedal.