Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555 fitting identification please

Because555 ยท 2016-11-03 11:51

Runs great but previous owner replaced only half the hoses and now the rest are very due. I wanted to order them online as where I live mobile trucks are very pricey. Can anyone identify this fitting? Thank you in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2016-11-03 15:31

    It looks like JIC from here, but don't trust my eyes. You need a thread pitch gauge from a tap and die set, and a caliper, and then look it up somewhere like here: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Fitting_Identification_Guide_p/id-guide.htm (free download) Or if you bring the hoses someplace, they'd be pretty close to the price of online usually.

  2. #2Because5552016-11-03 16:23

    Thank you. Is there a certain type of wrench set that makes getting the rest off easy? I don't mind hard work but my auto wrenches were a nightmare to use in that bundle of hoses.

  3. #3hosspuller2016-11-03 20:08

    A crowfoot flare nut wrench is just the thing for use on a valve bank.

  4. #4DB22016-11-03 22:26

    Also a good set of 4 way angle wrenches. Get ones that have 4 different angles though. Snap on although pricey are some of the best.