Blew a o ring on JD310a backhoe outlet fitting going into press.cont. valve, no room to get fitting off with hose in the way and i cant wiggle it off. Should i undo that line that is 2 feet forward? To get hose off, or drop filter body completely. Want to do the least disassembling as possible. Thanks Joe
Just pull that steel line if you can, might be time and money ahead to replace that hose (get the Deere hose if you do, it's kinda special). That fitting looks to me like it wasn't in far enough maybe, if you don't get it just right the threads cut the o-ring. Never seen one quite like that there, I would have thought male JIC like the other fittings around it.
I loosened fitting in pic and lifted washer, but I can't get that damn hose off to undo the other fitting. I can turn the hose, but there must be a raised end at end of pipes that refuses to let hose slip over it, and I don't want to cut the hose.
I got the steel pipe off that had hose attached at end, was then able to get at that nut to remove fitting. Changed o-ring with a number 12, put it back together. It took me 3 tries to get filter housing back on correctly with no leaks. What a finicky thing!!!!! torqued to 55 ft-lbs and it held. Back in business!