Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555a ford backhoe wiring diagram

jimg984 ยท 2010-01-20 20:33

i have a repair manual for the 550 and 555 the wiring diagram in the book don't match up to the wiring on my 555A. would be great to have the proper diagram. working on getting the lights and caution lights working thank you indvance jimg984

Replies22
  1. #1jimg9842010-01-21 08:02

    anybody!!

  2. #2jimg9842010-01-22 09:14

    bump

  3. #3Arabhacks2010-01-22 18:00

    Wiring diagram!? Hello. What do you need to know? There is very little to the wiring of the old fords. From the primary terminal of the ignition switch is the feed to the switched circuits. If the warning lights do not work and were intended to be controlled from the ignition switch, that is the first thing I would check. Next I would check the fusible link, that is a section of wire with a plastic bulge and numbers on it, to replace it simply cut it out and connect a section of wire 3 gauge smaller than it as the jumper. I hate test lights that are used to pierce the insulation, the damage will allow the wire to corrode from within.

  4. #4jimg9842010-01-22 20:12

    thank you Arabhacks for your reply and suggestions... the ford is new to me, all the ligths and caution lights are gone and most of the wiring going to them.. i understand Ing. feeding fuse and switches.. where i'm getting lost is what each switch does.. 1 twist switch says lights i'm sure that would be headligths and work lights.....2 is a lever type switch with three postions (?)..........3 is a pull out type switch with large knob (?) also has flasher mounted.......... so i'm thinging turn signals and caution lights.. there a large amount of wiring and is bundled together any more help would be great thanks again jimg984

  5. #5Phil2010-01-23 07:18

    If I remember I'll check my Ford 550/555 service and operators manuals. Using the switch with the right rating would be a good thing. Sounds like you are trying to keep it original. Phil

  6. #6jimg9842010-01-23 09:39

    Phil, thanks for your reply... yes i'm trying to keep everything orginal......... i forgot to mention in my last post that i have five fuses that are mounted in thru panel fuse holders, these are orginal also...the three switches are also orginal. more input from anyone would be good ths jimg984

  7. #7oldseabee2010-01-23 15:06

    I have a service manual for a 555A. I could scan the wiring diagram and email it to you.

  8. #8jimg9842010-01-23 16:48

    that would be great oldseabee,,,,, sounds very good.. also the page that show wiring color/number [email protected] thanks jimg984

  9. #9jimg9842010-01-24 10:04

    thank you oldseabee for the wiring diagram

  10. #10HeavyLifter2014-01-11 17:01

    Hey Gents, I have a 555c. Are the wiring diagrams the same. If they are, can someone send me a copy. It would be appreciated. Thanks

  11. #11HeavyLifter2014-01-11 17:08

    HeavyLifter's email is [email protected]

  12. #12mikedobosz2015-04-14 18:44

    looking for a wiring diagram for a 555a. It just came out of burial ground and want to get it running. new starter but no idea of the placement of the 4 wires. Can someone please help?

  13. #13jimg9842015-04-14 23:15

    Mike I sent you wiring diagrams

  14. #14ericskokan2015-04-27 19:48

    I'm in a similar situation. Would you mind sending a copy to me as well? Thanks, Eric

  15. #15ericskokan2015-04-27 19:50

    [email protected] (thought it might help...)

  16. #16jimg9842015-04-27 20:11

    eric, I sent you a wiring diagrams if don't get let me know jg

  17. #17ericskokan2015-04-27 23:37

    It didn't see to go through. Would you mind sending it again?

  18. #18jimg9842015-04-28 17:10

    eric, I have sent it twice and get replys from postmaster saying site is busy if had your email address I could send it to direct you,,, the attempts are going thur this site jg

  19. #19jimg9842015-04-29 21:59

    bump

  20. #20Jerry Erler2017-09-16 22:40

    Hello I have a555c backhoe and my big fuseable link blew out need a wiring diagram no power to key switch and no power to tranny replaced with inline fuse and still have no power to key switch

  21. #21jimg9842017-09-17 13:11

    the wiring diagrams I don't have the info you need, sorry

  22. #22bikernut2023-10-07 06:02

    any of you have a wiring schematic for a 1997 555E Ford/NH, I need one badly. thanks