I bought a 555B last year and up until recently it started without problems. When I bought it I went through ALL the filters and fluids. This summer it started not wanting to start without ether (does not matter whether the engine is hot or cold) The hoe idles fine, has plenty of power in all throttle ranges. It does not smoke when cranking which leads me to believe it is a fuel issue of somekind. I have run some injector cleaner through the tank thinking maybe a sticky injector, but no help. I will start cranking and give it about a half second blast of ether down the breather and it fires off fine and runs great (will not stumble in the least bit). Does not seem to smoke any more than a diesel should and does not seem to burn oil in any appreciable amount. I probably have less than 100hrs on the hoe since I bought it. any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks Mark
That's a gravity feed fuel system, doesn't use a lift pump. There is a stainer on the inside of the fuel tank connnected to the fuel petcock, might check that stainer. Also, should be a manual engine shutdown. Have you checked that the shutdown lever isn't pulled slightly when cranking? This would make it hard to start, but it would run ok once it got running. Just a couple of thoughts.
ok my thoughts are how many hours on engine ... and my rule now at my job no ether in nothing til i look at it ... low compression . clogged injecters . and filters air and fuel .lok for wasp nest anything to constrict air... once you spray it you will send it to aaa meeting til it stops.. when i got there at my job ether was by the case once a month now none........remeber air fuel and compression