Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555D serial number

mohoghead ยท 2015-05-20 18:11

we just acquired a 555D for our farm, the cab has a year of manufacture of 1995, the only other serial number I can find is on a plate on the frame behind left rear tire, It's AB26769 , is this the machines serial number or is there another plate somewhere? Can anyone decipher this number for me? year of manufacture? I've ordered a operators manual already, Thank You

Replies15
  1. #1hunterisgreat2015-05-29 12:40

    Rather than start a new thread... I acquired a 555D last week, serial AB21118. No idea what year. Where in the cab did you locate the year mohoghead?

  2. #2El Hombre2015-05-29 12:57

    Time for both of you to find the local New Holland dealer, they'll have all the info about VIN numbers. You can buy a 5 gallon of 134 while you're there!

  3. #3mohoghead2015-05-29 16:40

    This is on a plate on the frame behind the left rear wheel, according to the owners manual that I ordered it was suppose to be on the left hand side of the steering console, but there's no indication of one ever being there.

  4. #4mohoghead2015-05-29 16:42

    El Hombre, Thanks, I thought this was a forum to ask questions and get answers, already took care of the transmission fluid,

  5. #5El Hombre2015-05-29 18:15

    Considering you waited 9 days and nobody had an answer for you, it seemed the intelligent thing to do was ask the dealer. You're not going to find somebody here with the correct answer anytime you ask; lots of time yes, but not always. With a 20 year old hoe, you'll be on a first name basis with the dealer parts department, so you might as well call them up and ask there.

  6. #6mohoghead2015-05-29 19:33

    Called two dealers first, they couldn't help which is why I came here.

  7. #7Check Break2015-05-30 01:31

    Go over to Yesterdays Tractors and someone in the Ford section will have the answer. http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewforum.php?f=15

  8. #8mohoghead2015-05-30 08:32

    Thank you

  9. #9El Hombre2015-05-30 15:02

    You might have mentioned that salient fact in you original post....I'm not a mind reader and all that. But that is really hard to believe, I worked at a Ford dealer, and you had to know model and year to find anything in the parts catalog. You might want to talk to the owner of the dealership about his crew; they are taking profits right out of his pocket by not wanting to help you. A hoe isn't like a car or truck that has lots of aftermarket parts; most of it is OEM stuff that only the dealer can get. And with the markup on parts, that's a lot of money to the dealer. But if you came across to the dealer people like you did here; getting testy because you didn't get your info, you might look in the mirror.

  10. #10mohoghead2015-05-30 16:04

    Testy? lol, I already know the model and all parts are the same for the three years it was in production, I also have the ford website to get up to date part numbers. Insurance company won't cover it unless accurate serial number. I have found over the years that there's always one on a forum, and here you are. if you worked for a ford dealer then you could have told me where the secondary location was for the units serial number. Here is why I came on this forum: really helpful people on here at that time.

  11. #11mohoghead2015-05-30 16:07

    This is the backhoe units serial number, I found out today there is a actual serial number for the main unit on the bell housing next to the starter, im told its hard to see but next time we have it in the garage we'll search for it.

  12. #12mohoghead2015-05-30 16:09

    This is the backhoe unit serial number, I found out today there is a secondary serial number location for the tractor, it's stamped on the bell housing next to the starter.

  13. #13bikernut2018-02-17 19:45

    I have serial # 031004693 on my 555E and asked the dealer but they said they didn't deal in them anymore, the problem there is not another dealer in the area that can supply me with the year of manufacturer, anyone have any clue as to what year this is? I was told it was a 1997.

  14. #14ovrszd2018-02-18 11:40

    I recently purchased a 555A. Was educated here on TBN about Serial Numbers, etc., I'll try to pass on some of that. First, the tag behind the left rear wheel is the ID of the hoe. My tag identifying the tractor is in the cab on the side of the cowl. When you open the door you are looking right at it. Here's a pic of my tag. It tells me the tractor serial number which comes in handy getting parts. The model number so far hasn't helped me. The engine, trans, rear axle numbers might be handy if trying to get parts that changed frequently during the model run. The unit number on the other hand told me some very interesting data. The first number "4" is the year it was built, 1984. The second Letter "A" is the month it was built, January. The third and fourth numbers "10" is the date of the month it was built. The last letter "B" tells me what factory shift built it, B meaning day shift. A = midnight shift, B = day shift, C = night shift.

  15. #15ovrszd2018-02-18 11:51

    In buying parts for my 555A and my 3910 tractor my dealer is very good at helping me. First time I bought parts for the 3910 I had the SN. He stroked it in the computer and instantly rattled off my build date, etc. So I know any dealer that can access the CNH parts system has that ability. For some reason when I have searched the online parts site I can't find that information. Dealer must have different access. I will say CNH has a very good online parts system. I usually walk up to the parts counter with a printed page of the parts I need. They then verify that I've chosen the correct ones according to SN.