Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying new… 410K or L or 420 F

Revicm ยท 2015-05-20 19:07

Buying a new backhoe price aside which one? 410 K or L series JD or a Cat 420 F? And....go!

Replies5
  1. #1Desertwheeler2015-05-20 22:23

    Since I haven't ran either, have ran newer cats and JD's I would pick the JD based off how the older models performed. They worked well as a loader and a hoe. While I felt the cat's loader felt awkward and visibility wasn't that great but the hoe was excellent. But I'm sure either is gonna be a good machine.

  2. #2JDfan500C2015-05-24 11:21

    I don't think it really matters both are great brands. At that point play them against each other and see witch one gives a better deal. I personally will go with Deere.

  3. #3Revicm2015-06-01 16:11

    Adding Case to the mix. Is a Case 590 Super = to or greater then a JD 410? I have a price for a JD, waiting for pricing for Cat but I have been told to go to a 430 F TC for comparison. Any thoughts?

  4. #4Nige2015-06-01 16:39

    Which dealership gives the best after-sales service..? It's not the buying it that will kill you, it's if it's down and you need it up.........

  5. #5Blueboy2015-06-01 22:01

    Going by your list of toys, I would stick with JD. And in my book bigger is better, 410L gets my vote.