Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555E Hyd. Cylinder rebuild kit. – Help needed.

Jake615615 · 2025-04-07 15:42

I was hoping to understand what kit I would need to rebuild the crowd cylinder. Mind you I have now rebuilt 3 others without any issues. The kits I have been using is from Reliable Aftermarket Parts.com. To find the correct seal kit I have been using Newhollandrochester, getting the part number, and referencing that number on Reliable Aftermarket Parts.com. Massick’s and Newhollandrochester seems to have the “real parts diagram” with a part number on each showing 85819350 Hercules and broken tractor show a part number of 85804742 Reliable Aftermarket Parts.com . Has both 85804742 & 85819350 So, what is the deal here? I read in a few places something about some of the glands changed at some point and you need to buy the new gland. So, I’m here trying to understand what one to order. Does anyone know out of these two part numbers 85804742 & 85819350 which one is the “new style” and what one is the “old style”? Is there any way for me to know if I have the new style gland or the old style before taking it apart? Anyone know when the change of gland would have happened so I maybe can go off the build date? One more question. When I bought this machine, I was told the year was 2000. Where can I confirm the build date? Does the S/N decode or something? Thanks so much in advance for any input!!

Replies5
  1. #1Acecadet2025-04-07 18:25

    Check this out may be of some use. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2NH575E2025-04-07 18:29

    Here is the thread I did on my crowd rebuild. Repacking the Crowd Cylinder on my 575E Never a dull day with trying to get parts for this thing. The seal supplier came up with three possibilities for a kit so I bought all three with the understanding I could return the two I didn't need. None of them have what it would take to repair this. I have a message in to the supplier with... HeavyEquipmentForums A dealer can look up the build and in service date with your serial number. There isn't a decoder that will tell you anything as far as I know.

  3. #3cosmaar12025-04-07 19:40

    You are better off doing what I did and buying the seals separately. I will have to find the forum later when I’m on a computer. Take it to a reputable hydraulic shop and let them measure the seals so you get the right ones. This crowd cylinder is a bad word.

  4. #4Swetz2025-04-08 10:08

    Def. read the thread that NH575E linked!! In that thread you will find a lot of info on the NH follies. I did purchase the updated gland cuz I had no idea what kit to buy for my machine. The thread shows that I could have used an off the shelf kit and avoided paying for a gland that I didn't need. If you have a good hydraulics shop nearby, cosmaar1s suggestion is a good one. I would take the old seals as well as the piston and gland so they could match them.

  5. #5Jake6156152025-04-09 18:45

    Thanks everyone! Once I get back to the tractor I'll will take some measurements. Also might call that reliable aftermarket parts.com.