Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B power steering problem

Cbpapa ยท 2025-04-08 01:12

When I'm driving I have to keep turning the steering wheel to the right to stay in the middle of the road. I slowly turn the steering wheel around over and over. Would that be a bad pump?

Replies4
  1. #11978case2025-04-08 08:23

    Replace the seals in your steering cylinders.

  2. #2James forth2025-04-08 15:44

    it is rare to have to open one up but take the endcaps off the valve under the tank up at the bell housing and make sure the spool moves freely , check for damage in the end caps where the spool contacts it when it shifts. you need to check manual https://catexcavatorservicerepairma...loader-backhoe-tractor-service-repair-manual/

  3. #3Honcho2025-04-11 15:05

    I understand that you have a 4WS loader/.To check the wheel rotation cylinder. It is necessary to remove the hydraulic hoses from it. and plug the holes on the cylinder with threaded caps. After that, you should try to turn the wheels in different directions by pushing with your hands to the wheel. If they turn, it means that the cuffs are being bypassed inside . Repairs are needed. If the wheels don't turn, then it's all about O K/. Hello from Russia.

  4. #4Cbpapa2025-04-15 10:23