Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555E Hydraulic valve not working

NewFordHolland555e ยท 2021-05-23 15:34

I have a 2000 New Holland 555E and when I am digging and pull the stick in toward the hoe the boom will quits lifting just as soon as I let of the stick lever the boom will fly up but I am NOT able to operate those 2 circuits at the same time,,,I have put new filter in the hydraulic tank and the new filter in the return line and flushed the system 15 gallon of new hydraulic oil and drained it after running 20 minutes and wiped the inside of the tank out for a second time and put on a second new return filter on and refilled system above the sight glass with Shell Spirax S4 TXM hydraulic oil,,,,,The backhoe and loader seems to have fair lifting and digging power but I have not put a pressure gauge on the pump or found the port to do so yet,,,any help wood be greatly appreciated THANKS

Replies10
  1. #1Swetz2021-05-24 06:39

    If you feather the control you should get both functions to work...at least that is how my 675E works. Also, what rpm are you at?

  2. #2NewFordHolland555e2021-05-24 07:12

    I am running 2000 to 2400 RPM

  3. #3NewFordHolland555e2021-05-24 07:14

    Does any one know where I can put a pressure gauge on the pump to get a reading on what the pump is doing?

  4. #4NH575E2021-05-24 08:25

    Try slowing down the engine revs and feather the sticks. I rarely run mine over 1800 roms.

  5. #5Swetz2021-05-25 07:21

    As NH575E said, you do not need the engine screaming, and feather 2 functions at once. If you pull boom lift all the way, there isn't any oil left for other functions...you need to learn to share...The oil that is

  6. #6NewFordHolland555e2021-05-25 13:05

    Does any body know where to put a pressure gauge on the pump to see how good the pump is,,,,Thanks for all the help

  7. #7Swetz2021-05-25 13:44

    New holland was nice enough to supply quick connect fittings for making tests...see below.

  8. #8Swetz2021-05-25 14:24

    For testing just the pump The hydraulic worksheet

  9. #9NH575E2021-05-25 16:19

    To test you need a oil pressure gauge rated for 4000 PSI, a hose rated for at least that much pressure, and a Parker # 1PDF2 coupler. Adapt it all together and you have your test hose.

  10. #10NewFordHolland555e2021-05-26 06:03

    Super THANKS to all the help with the diagrams and the pictures along with the part numbers