I have owned this backhoe for 3 years now and it has strong hydraulics. Recently the reverse started acting up. I had to hold the shuttle shift in for about 15 seconds for it to go into reverse before it finally stopped working all together. Still very strong in forward. I checked the linkage while working the shuttle shift and it goes and seems to snap into place in forward. In reverse it seems to kind of hit something and almost bounce back. I recently changed the fluid and filters with hyguard but couldn't get the screen out as I didn't have the right size wrench with me. Thanks for any help.
Thanks for taking the time to post that diagram. The hoe is in a remote location but I'm hoping to look at it this weekend. The part I described that was snapping forward but bouncing back was 23B in the below diagram. I'm not sure where pin 10 is in your diagram. I'll try to find it this weekend.
If your serial number is below 276764 then the lever 23B has also been an issue. Dirt or debris likes to get jammed under it causing difficulty shifting into reveres. So check that first. If your serial is below what I posted the little CAM on the bottom of the lever needs to be ground off. As far as the little pin I mentioned, that is on the shaft the runs across the bottom of the machine to the control valve under the tractor where the F/R linkage (#8 in your picture) is attached.