Bought a 555E last year, used it a couple of hours and parked it. Started it up late winter and the transmission alarm going off. Didn't attempt to move it. Started it again later and tried to move it and it won't move on it's own. Alarm still sounding. Oil level on dipstick is way above full. Fuses are all good. Oil looks good. I've got a filter for the transmission and am going to clean the screen and change the oil. What else should I be doing to get it going?
are you checking the oil while it’s running?
I didn't. But I will. Thanks.
I checked it warmed up and at idle. Still showed overfull. About 3 inches over full.
3 inches above the max line isn’t good. I’m not saying that’s a problem, but it either says it wasn’t filled up right, or something is leaking into the system. My alarm only goes off when the temperature is too hot and that’s because my cooler is plugged with dirt. With it going off immediately, you might have a bad sensor….. however that wouldn’t make the machine not move. Are you sure it’s in gear? I made the mistake of thinking I was in 1st but I was actually in 3rd trying to go up a hill.
You probably need to go ahead and change your filter and clean the screen. This is a long shot but also move the loader control around to make sure it's not stuck. Mine will stick in the curl position and cause the engine and transmission to labor.