Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any New Holland E Series Owners Have a Low Cost Supplier for a Fuel Cap

Swetz ยท 2022-11-07 14:26

My fuel cap has started leaking the liquid gold from the tank. It seems to be leaking from the lock portion. I looked at Messicks, and they do not have a non locking cap. It was superseded by the locking cap. They have the locking cap in stock @ $77. To me, a fuel cap is a $15-20 part. The lock is what is leaking, why would I want another?? I would bet that someone in the aftermarket makes one, but I have been unable to track one down with various searches. If anyone has a supplier, I would be grateful for the info. TIA.

Replies5
  1. #1NH575E2022-11-07 14:58

    Prolly cost $50 to ship from across the pond. https://www.ebay.com/itm/202782401267 Are you leaking fuel OUT or water IN?

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-11-07 15:39

    If it is leaking thru the vent they can be taken sometimes taken apart and fixed. Or is it simply the gasket ?

  3. #3Swetz2022-11-07 15:56

    As far as I know, only fuel out. It seems to be leaking out of the place you put the key in. The gasket looks like new. I will look at it to see if it looks like it can be taken apart.

  4. #4NH575E2022-11-07 16:16

    Stop over filling it. LOL

  5. #5joe--h2022-11-07 16:18