I have a 5635 SXT Gehl Turbo that wants to run away RPMs just keep building until I have to suffocate it how do I fix it and what's causing this
Deutz engine?? Could be the turbo is puking oil into the air system.. pull the inlet hose and check for oil. " " " an injector stuck open flooding the engine w/ fuel.. " " " main control rack for the pumps is stuck wide open.. pull the electric shut off solenoid off and reach in and see if you can move the rack back and forth.. Could be that 1 of the pumps is stuck wide open and jamming up the rest.. they're all linked together. When pulling the pumps, mark each one and tie the shims to it.. You gonna have to put some wrenches on it..
I just had mine apart and cannot think of how the turbo would be feeding oil unless the turbo has an internal leak. Then it could be feeding oil into the intake system. Everything else mentioned about is coming from a pro. I am not a pro so listen to the pump guy!
That's exactly right Parts.. it gets to leaking internally and the lubricating oil is sucked into the intake and burned as fuel. It was very common back in the day.. Real easy to diagnose.. pull the intake off the turbo & look for a puddle of oil in the pipe and turbo inlet housing.