Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Duetz 1011F Timing Belt

Mmorgan ยท 2016-12-28 08:24

It is approaching the recommended time to change the timing belt on the duetz 1011f in our 873. Anyone have any experience with this that can give me some tips? Is it worth trying to do it without pulling the engine?

Replies14
  1. #1Parts2016-12-28 08:48

    Hey - I have just gone through this on a Gehl machine. You will be super surprised how simple it is to do. I ordered the parts on eBay and its super simple from there. If you get the timing pins then you are set and can't mess it up without really trying. I have a 2011 and accidentally bought a set for a 1011 at first but they install the same. On a Bobcat you might have a tight squeeze to get the cam pin installed and then of course a get to the actual belt but the belt replacement procedure is not at all difficult.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2016-12-28 14:22

    The key sentence here IS> Get the timing pins.. once the engine is pinned.. its plug & play. I think I saw a set on ebay along w/ the belt & pulley assembly.

  3. #3crewchief8882016-12-28 19:32

    we change them without pulling the engine... :drinkup

  4. #4Parts2016-12-28 21:13

    Yeah get the pins. You can just stop the engine and turn it until all valves are closed - mark pulleys - remove belt - reinstall belt. But risky. Here is the one I got and I am happy I did because the belt is Dayco and the tensioner pulley is German. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191700761755?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

  5. #5Brodiesel2016-12-28 21:23

    Look up Foley engines in the NE For further help, http://www.foleyengines.com/resources/tech-tips/deutz-1011-and-2011-timing-belt-change-intervals-all-you-need-know-about-deutz-t

  6. #6Parts2016-12-28 22:05

    Lol I once called Foley and some guy named Dr. Diesel (I held in my laughter really hard when he introduced himself as that) came on. He was really unpleasant and I didn't say much at all. He just worked himself up talking and when I asked if there were any lower priced options he said some more condescending stuff and hung up. It was actually so funny I would suggest you call just to experience. He quite literally just worked himself up and hung up - had he stayed on the phone I would have spent $1000's right there! Curiosity got to me so I googled reviews on the company and that was some hilarious reading. Lots of funny reviews and comments people have posted up. My experience is just from a call with the good Doctor but maybe their service/parts can help you.

  7. #7grandpa2016-12-29 06:00

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae13eR-I1rU&t=635s

  8. #8kshansen2016-12-29 07:42

    Grandpa, That video was something else! If they could just kill the sound track and replace it with someone actually saying what was being done it would be better. Or just some text to that effect.

  9. #9Parts2016-12-29 09:09

    He does say what he is doing in that video. I think thats the video I used to learn the process.

  10. #10Brodiesel2016-12-29 11:25

    Hahah, yeah Dr. Diesel. What an ass, but he knows his stuff. Last time I called to get some advice on a pilot bearing issue with a customer, he told me to stop laughing, he said "you sound like a 14 year old girl" then he hung up on me. Of course I called right back, he says "are you done laughing?" I said yes, then he preceded to tell me I was running my business all wrong and said some more cocky stuff and then hung up again. That said, Foley is a reat company and I buy parts from them and read their tech article so who cares!

  11. #11kshansen2016-12-29 11:42

    Well when I clicked on the link it went to a video with some strange sounding music and the video zipped through at about 3 times normal speed.

  12. #12thepumpguysc2016-12-29 14:59

    And what is he holding in his avatar?? is that supposed to be a connecting rod?? Lol

  13. #13Brodiesel2016-12-29 16:06

    That is a great video.

  14. #14Parts2016-12-29 21:01

    I tried to figure that out too! I think the good Dr is holding a divining rod that he uses to determine what to prescribe his patients.