Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

570XLT

jp1gt ยท 2024-06-10 10:57

I have a leak between the engine and auto trans. It is trans fluid. Any ideas what it could be?

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2024-06-10 18:08

    1) There is a seal between the charge pump & torque convertor. 2) There is a quad ring gasket behind the charge pump. 3) The charge pump mounting bolts maybe loose. 4) There is a steel lube line with banjo fittings to retain it - inside the bellhousing. 5) There could be a crack in the torque convertor itself. Could be any of the above, likely the first one, whichever, the transmission must be removed to check & repair the issue.

  2. #2chidog2024-06-10 18:34

    I have no idea what a 570XLT is, but most torque converters have an input to the transmission seal, some torque converters are bolt together and have a large seal for that interface.

  3. #3jp1gt2024-06-10 18:41

    Thanks you guys. I was hoping you were going to say that I didn't have to pull the transmission! It was leaking just a little for quite a while but it's time to do something about it now

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-06-10 20:47

    I think it's a skip loader. Similar to a backhoe but usually with a 3pt. hitch.

  5. #5jp1gt2024-06-11 08:43

    Front end loader with a Gannon on the back. Great tractor, four-wheel drive. I also have a 580 super e I've had for 25 years. If you maintain them the last long time