Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

575e Hydraulic oil change

Badco · 2025-09-01 20:03

Hi guys Finally getting around to changing the milky oil and have few questions Drained the tank and removed the filter plate but can’t seem to move the mesh suction filter Does it just screw on like a regular filter or does it push and turn off looks pretty clean though and the tank was pretty clean flushed and wiped it out Since just draining the tank only removes about half the oil would starting the machine and moving the cylinders push some of the old oil back into the tank or would this be a really bad idea or cracking open the lines at the cylinder be a better idea thanks in advance

Replies25
  1. #1Tinkerer2025-09-01 20:37

    Bad idea. If you do that you will contaminate the new oil. Your entire system needs a complete flush. It should be described in the service manual. Here is a couple of the links for the hydraulic flush procedure. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2NH575E2025-09-01 21:06

    The suction screen screws on and it's tighter than you can loosen by hand. I made a wrench to get mine off and drew a rough sketch of the dimensions. It also has a rubber disc inside that has a tendency to come loose and block the inlet so look out for that. Despite the warnings to do a proper flush I just changed the oil in my tank a few times until it remained clear. So far so good. I have rebuilt cylinders since those days and the fluid in them looked clear when I took them apart so I guess I cycled most of the water out.

  3. #3Badco2025-09-01 21:52

    The wrench you made fits over the filter on the back end where it screwed on felt like a nut back there wasn’t sure it was part of the filter tried a strap wrench on it but no room and hard to get arms in there and give a hard turn The oil doesn’t look really bad seen worse on my skid steer

  4. #4NH575E2025-09-01 22:52

    Yes, the back of the screen has the nut base incorporated into it. I actually cut up a MG wire wheel knock off wrench to make mine. When I made it I had a new screen in hand to measure the flats on the nut base so it worked fine. 3/16" to 1/4" metal is all you need. I used the hammer in my second photo to tap on the end of the wrench to get the filter loose. I didn't know where the rubber disc came from but someone on here told me it was part of the filter screen. Another person on here also found the rubber disc loose in theirs so no way would I not remove the filter to inspect.

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-09-02 10:39

    Perhaps if you made a wrench like NH575's, it could be modified by cutting a square hole in the handle so that a long 1/2 drive socket extension can be used to turn it. Basically a big a** crowsfoot wrench. If you use a cutting torch --> drill a hole in it first. That will enable you to cut the hole with no blow-back when you start the cut.

  6. #6cosmaar12025-09-05 20:32

    That was me. The issue I think I made for myself was when I cleaned it the solution I used weakened the glue and it came off.

  7. #7cosmaar12025-09-05 20:36

    Here is the forum to show my struggle. It shows the plastic disc all screwed up. HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8csthompson122025-09-06 12:18

    Had the same problem with my new holland. Hard to tell where the water was getting in. My best guess was the tool box on top of the hyd tank.

  9. #9NH575E2025-09-06 12:34

    Pretty sure my tool box was not leaking but I kept getting water contamination as long as I had it outside. I cleaned out the tool box and sealed it with rubberized undercoating and painted the inside of it anyways. I was thinking it was from condensation and getting under that confounded oil filler cap. I replaced the cap with a bayonet style that maintains a little pressure on the system but I also moved the tractor into a barn around the same time. One or both actions stopped the water contamination problem. I am betting even if I didn't move it into a barn the pressure cap was a great upgrade. HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #10Badco2025-09-06 14:54

    Pretty sure mine was the cap to the previous owner didn’t have the wrench to remove it so went at it with channel locks and bugered the tread then cross threaded back in but not sealed my tool box doesn’t even get wet inside from rain

  11. #11Badco2025-09-23 21:59

    Hi trying to find the correct part number for the sight glass on this tank Though it was leaking at the gasket but turns out it’s leaking around the glass finding different part numbers but some are for bobcat or John Deere

  12. #12Welder Dave2025-09-24 02:14

    Google sight glasses. I've came across a place that has several sizes and types but can't remember the name.

  13. #13Swetz2025-09-24 06:33

    Item #7. In stock a Messicks.

  14. #14Badco2025-09-24 13:17

    thanks guys i went ahead and ordered one from the dealer i found the correct number 7 that from the plan above pickup tomorrow not bad $80.00 plus tax

  15. #15NH575E2025-09-24 14:47

    I bought one earlier this year and I want to say it was around $45 but I can't find the transaction. I think the new one is seeping still. I might have to pull it back out and silicone the gasket?

  16. #16Badco2025-09-24 16:17

    I thought mine was leaking at the gasket was pinched a little when was removed put some liquid gasket and reinstalled but now can see some bubbles around the glass Don’t want to loose any more of the $150.00 a pail brand new hydraulic oil I seen one for $23.00 at mp parts but they won’t guarantee it’s the right one and by the time it gets here would cost around $100.00 plus waiting a month

  17. #17Welder Dave2025-09-24 18:59

    What oil is $150/pail?

  18. #18Badco2025-09-24 19:36

    universal hydraulic regular price $135.00 plus 13 percent tax i did buy the last 4 on sale for $85.00 plus tax but needed more

  19. #19NH575E2025-09-24 19:56

    I forgot you were in Canada. I happened to find the one I bought at a dealer that was on route to my wife and daughter's way home from Mississippi. I called and paid for it over the phone and she just had to walk into the parts counter and they handed it to her.

  20. #20Badco2025-09-24 20:30

    I don’t know what’s going on with all the oil prices over the past 5 years I remember $40-45 a pail Complete hydraulic change on this machine could cost over a thousand and yet people think you’re come and work it for $30 a hour funny they will pay a guy with a shovel $35 a hour to dig a hole

  21. #21cosmaar12025-09-27 23:04

    Even tractor supply oil is over $50 a pail. I remember buying it on sale for $30 at most just a few years ago.

  22. #22Badco2025-09-28 13:21

    It’s not getting any better here was in the dealer for new sight glass washer and snap ring fell off stabilizer pad asked if the hydraulic oil was on sale said sure is $145.00 plus 13 percent tax even they want $33.00 for snap ring $14.00 for the washer he said luckily it’s not the top snap ring that’s $72.00 Don’t know how they sleep at night

  23. #23NH575E2025-09-28 15:08

    I just came across the receipt for my 48020633 sight glass I bought in January. $43.15 + $3.02 tax from the dealer in Columbus MS.

  24. #24Badco2025-09-28 21:39

    I paid $90.00 for the sight glass the price wasn’t bad for that if you’re paying $45.00 down there

  25. #25Welder Dave2025-09-29 18:51

    I thought it would at least be a name brand high end oil to be priced like it is.