Hello Have a 76 or 77 CASE 580C backhoe that just had the Borg Warner shuttle rebuilt with new torque converter and basically has the same issue coming right back at me-- The forward power is weak, reverse is fine-- I now have better than minimum pressures, stall tests still check out as do converter tests too. I had similar numbers just below minimums before the rebuild with the exception of the test for the converter---I figured that was the issue and since I had it out I would do a full rebuild. In the rebuild I found no issues--no burn smell, no debris, no warped plates, no seals with holes rips or tears. I even had 2 old timer mechanics who worked at CASE when these machines were their main bread and butter guiding me thru this. I found that pushing up on the shuttle shifter helped it a little--very little --but in 1st it let me push stone. (noticed this long ago and assumed it was the seals) I then checked to see if the linkages were allowing the valve to move all the way---and it was metal to metal I then took off the cutout solenoid and took off the shift linkage on the metal arm at the end of the valve shaft. I walked over the grinder and took about 1/8" off the forward side so it would move farther forward. I put it all back together----and it now works better than ever, I can be in first gear run into stone pile, spin tires get a full bucket loaded, shift to 3rd and off I go. it even starts off in 4th and can go up a small hill and down the road like a rocket death trap on wheels---- It has not had this much power ever--my dad bought it over 20 years ago to fix tile blow outs---which it did and still does perfectly. Question-- -What is worn or broke to cause this issue that needed me to GRIND it to fix it?
Maybe you could take a picture of the linkage and better describe what you ground. Then maybe someone else can do the same thing, so their old Case backhoe can run liked a raped ape. lol
yes--- here they are-- pics of what I have as installed pics from manual this pic shows shuttle in Reverse this pic shows shuttle in Forward this shows the part 57 I ground it in blue---it is the angled surface that contacts the casting in the forward shift and here is the linkage from the manual I just cant see how grinding off an 1/8 of inch of that control arm fixed it with the valve port openings supposedly being indexed to the detents like the manujal shows. educate me on what I am missing ot not doing right. thanks