Hi everyone just wondering is roof leaks common on these machines mine has the gray roof and fenders roof seems to be a cheap plastic that’s deteriorating the roof did have beacons that were removed and left with 6 holes plus some cracks other small holes did foundation repair and waterproofing for 35 years so got that sealed up but still with the heavy rain getting a little by the front window and towards the sunshade are but on mine can push a screwdriver right inside across the front so are all the machines like this or only the gray top ones my old 555xl was a steel and never leaked a drop guess they were trying to increase profit with plastic
This is the roof and fenders on my machine. It was manufactured in 1999. It is not painted, but rather the plastic is yellow. seems to be in good shape for the age. I have seen many machines with the roof and fenders you describe. I am not sure, but I think this is the older style. That said, I would think you could find a later style in a tractor salvage yard.
Thanks swetz for the reply the salvage yard maybe the best bet wasn’t sure if the roof was tightened down properly because seems to be easy to move don’t know how it’s attached guess bolted down from inside the age of mine not sure but the date for the cab said 01-15-99
Well, I looked up the roof. It seems that there is a SN break, but also in NH style, there are multiple styles of roof.
Looks like there are different chassis. The good news is that it seems that all are secured by 8 studs, so tightening shouldn't be that bad once the headliner is down.
My roof and fenders are super grainy gray. Mine leaks around the windshield when I wash the dirt off. I don't leave it out or work in the rain so other than washing it doesn't get any water in the cab. My fenders are cracked and distorted. I have thought about trying to patch and reshape them then skim coat with bondo but I doubt I ever will.
Thanks for that that’s what I was wondering if the roof could be tightened down so guess the headliner will be coming down probably lots of dead rodents in there now was wondering why the owner was being so generous giving me a whole bottle of air freshener lol even when his buddy dropped off the machine said needs fuel only enough to run off the trailer though what a cheap buggy siphon out the fuel so dumped 10 gallons in only to find the tank leaking siphon out few gallons to stop but after 7 inches leaking between the tank and frame
Here is a tank that fits a 675E. Not sure it fits yours, but if it were me, at $1400USD, I would try to fix the one you have. Some of the radiator shops in the US also fix fuel tanks?? New Holland Backhoe Fuel Tank -- 87355226 Replace your worn or damaged New Holland Backhoe fuel tank with our OEM part. Fits multiple models including 555E, 675E, LB75. Fast LTL shipping available. www.brokentractor.com
For sure will do something with this one after further inspection seen that had been welded across the bottom and up above the 7 inch but didn’t go high enough was wondering why the wires were cut off to the fuel gage when the plug is right there but the tank was probably off before they had one bolt cross threaded same as they cross threaded the plastic hydraulic oil cap because they were using channel locks on it instead of the wrench they didn’t have I made one up out of a old saw blade works great took 10 minutes
Speaking of the hyd. tank, at least one member here has had the tool box part of the hyd tank rust out into the hyd tank. Every time it rained he had water in his tank. On my machine I had some rust. I wire wheeled it and then used POR15 on it. Followed up with bed liner. I put foam ear plugs in the 4 drip holes when bed linering. Make sure they are clear what ever you do. Once you work out all the kinks, despite NH support sucking, you will love the machine, trust me!
NH575E posted the dimensions of the wrench on here a couple of years ago. I was luck enough to get the wrench with mine .
One thing I must say the motor starts and runs nice since changing the cables says 3100 hours but not sure the gauge works though
mine starts excellent as well, cold or hot.
Not sure about the cold start yet mine has to dual battery but the cold start procedure in the owner book is different than on this machine the book I bought off eBay was dated 97 so maybe has changed shows the key up on the post mine side mount below hours gauge book says turn to left for 15 seconds then right over to start but mine doesn’t light up the thermostat with left turn have to turn right 4th position then thermostat light comes on then next oven starts
Honestly, my machine is in Northeast PA, which is semi cold in the winter. I have never used any cold start. Just turn the key and it starts 1,2,3.
The wrench dimensions I posted were for the internal mesh filter inside the tank. For the oil filler cap I replaced it with a generic that has a 3lb relief valve in it. I left the included strainer out when I installed it so my funnel would still fit in the hole. Filler Breather Assembly Kit - Filler Breathers - Reservoirs & Accessories
Filler Breather Assembly Kit
PART NO. HC-120
• Nylon strainer with guard...stronger than conventional materials. Will not corrode. Compatible with most fluids.
• Flange on strainer acts as gasket&ndash hydro-craft.com
The glow plug position on my key switch is to the right just before the start position.
ohhhh. They say the brain is first to go...LOL
Just a update on the roof leak after plugging all the holes and doing flex seal twice still had leaks finally got around to pulling down the headliner started by taking the two speakers cover off and two mice greeted me so ended up pulling 5 gallon pail of mice nest and seeds water stains started at the post from the side counsel ran across to the ceiling light area everything above the liner was clean no water stains so thinking wet mice running in and out and using the washroom even if the plastic roof leaks it would run out the sides on top of the metal roof
Thanks for the update!