Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

575E tire question

Badco · 2025-07-28 21:38

Hello gents Have a chance to pickup a good set of rear tires 16.9x28 super deal but the kicker is there only 8ply and I think the original are 10ply Would be installing tubes in them also but don’t know if that would add 2 ply to the 8 this could all be a bad idea but looking to see if anyone has done this Put new tires on the front and there 14ply but with the loader weight can change a lot but back would stay around the same looking for opinions thanks

Replies6
  1. #1cosmaar12025-07-29 00:34

    Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t see adding tubes would increase the ply rating. This would just allow the tire to hold air without fixing all the holes or whatnot that is in the rubber tire. I would stick with 10 or higher if it were me. I forget what mine are on the 555e, but I can check next time I’m with it.

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-07-29 03:55

    See if the tires have a weight rating. Better tires will but might have to look it up. They might need more pressure and ride rough though and have less traction.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-07-29 07:59

    While the 8 plys may seem like a great deal, I wouldn’t run anything less than a 10 ply on a backhoe. If it’s never going in the woods or just doing light work, the 8 ply will probably be fine but for me, I need my backhoe for working around stumps and rocks. Thats why I went with 12 ply for my new rear tires. I also put tubes in because I’m thinking of adding beet juice, this fall. Keep an eye on Simply tire, they will have deals now and then, you just have to watch it every few days. I got my new rears, delivered for under 700 bucks.

  4. #4NH575E2025-07-29 08:50

    The Firestone tires on the rear of my 575E were only 8 plys. I learned the hard way not to pump them up to the specified 32 PSI and drive over small stump stubs. One is still on the machine and the other is now an Otani 10 ply. That was a $600 lesson. For a lot more money they offered a 14 ply forestry tire. I don't prefer tubes because you can't plug them. IF I needed tires and found a good deal on 8 ply tires I wouldn't hesitate. I would mount them tubeless and not pressurize them over 25 PSI. I run mine at 20 now to have more give. IF you are working in an area where a bunch of small trees have been cut and driving over stubs you would probably want to invest in forestry tires.

  5. #5Badco2025-07-29 13:07

    I do travel over rocks and stumps outback was thinking the 8ply would be to light I think ill hold off and see if 10-12 ply come up around here the 10 ply around $850.00 each These 8ply might have got them for $300.00 for the pair plus another $150.00 for tubes but if they are to light not a good deal at any price thanks for all the replies

  6. #6reganj2025-07-29 20:50

    My .02,,, Buy the best tire you can, They will last hopefully over 15 years. One of the smart folk here have said Buy Once, Cry Once