Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 B Bell Housing ?

mikey1 ยท 2013-07-05 14:35

Hey guys ive been reading the forum where Phil was explaining about drilling the torque tube hole to clean the screen for better flow, I am going to have to do this myself but, I couldn't find anywhere saying how much fluid goes into the bell housing. I have also read the service manual cd and did not find it on there, or I have overlooked it. If anyone knows how much fluid goes In there, can you please help me out. Thanks Mike

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2013-07-05 18:04

    It is automatically filled & controlled from the shuttle. Just fill the shuttle to level.

  2. #2mikey12013-07-05 19:20

    I guess that would be an easy way about it but, the dipstick that I would check it with, is broken off. There is only the plug there. I changed it once because of the sluggishness and LONG pauses when warmed up between forward and reverse, the fluid was milky, I did change the shifter boot. Back to the point, I put in the 16 quarts it called for but cant check it. Is there a place to order a dipstick from? Case dealer? ebay? Thanks Mike

  3. #3Tinkerer2013-07-06 14:28

    It is listed in the Case online parts book / # A39445.

  4. #4mikey12013-07-06 21:20

    Wow Thanks Tinkerer