Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 B Boom Swing is limited

Bertrrr ยท 2016-09-05 07:42

Hey guys , just bought an older 580b and discovered the swing action is only a few degrees each way , the cylinders are not leaking and I do not see any mechanical stops to cause this lack of movement, I disconnected the linkage late yesterday and plan on seeing if that was the issue this morning. Any suggestions would be great , thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2016-09-05 11:02

    The first thing is to check for mud and trash under the swing pedals if it is a foot swing tower. The next thing is the shafts in the tower linkages for broken or missing roll pins. You should be able to look with the engine off and watch the spool movement in the valve, it should travel the same distance from center down and center up. There were several different configurations and valve options so check those things first.

  2. #2Bertrrr2016-09-05 12:04

    Thanks for your reply Went out this morning and noticed there was a locking pin in place, didn't notice it last night I have full range now.

  3. #3sheepfoot2016-09-05 21:20

    I was going to put that in the post, but i thought you would have seen it. Very rare to see one still with the machine. Glad your good to go now.