Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 c with water in the oil

Doug Brown ยท 2020-10-23 21:08

A couple weeks ago I asked about cracks in a case 207 engine. I had a chance to pull the pan today. I found in the oil pan a 7/16 freeze plug. Does anyone know where it may have came from. Also the water is leaking down the left side of the block. Any suggestions on what to look for next. And where did the freeze plug come from

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-10-23 22:17

    Fill the cooling system and it should be obvious. I would think it came out of the head.

  2. #2alrman2020-10-24 17:44

    That's a very small diameter to be a freeze plug. Does one side of it look rusty? like it's been in contact with coolant? If it's clean, it maybe off the engine oil pump .... but that would have caused another set of problems.....

  3. #3Doug Brown2020-10-24 20:14

    Its not rusty at all. I pulled the head today and filled the block with water. It still ran out the bottom it ran out as fast as I could put it in. Now I have to decide do I pull the sleeves and rebuild it my self or buy a reman engine. Any suggestions on where to get a remained engine. Thanks

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-10-24 21:14

    Just be certain the block is not cracked before spending any money on a overhaul. I have purchased used parts from Farmland Tractor with good results. https://www.farmlandtractor.com/b-14-new-used-remanufactured-engines.html

  5. #5Doug Brown2020-10-24 22:21

    Has anyone used Hagen tractor.com the web cite looks good their engine comes with the fuel system just wondering what kind of work they do

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-10-25 15:54

    I have purchased small parts from then with no problems. I don't know anything about their reman engines. Remember your old core has to be rebuild-able or $2000.00 is theirs after they let you know you have a problem. I see they test run them. But, 90 day warranty from date of ???. Better install it as soon as possible and get some hours on it.