Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 CASE SL SERIES 1 No movement but has pressure

Parlusk ยท 2026-01-19 20:20

*UPDATE* I am getting the right pressure to the reverse and forward clutch when working the shuttle shift, the regulated clutch and the input torque converter. Good fluid checked the sump screen wasn't bad, mainly dirt, very little metal... It will still will not move at all! I have bypassed and or checked all of the relays, switches etc. Is there anything anyone can think of to test before I pull the transmission. I am thinking it is a torque converter failure. Its a one owner low hours 1600 machine not abused.

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2026-01-19 21:10

    Emergency break on ? No need to pull tranny to replace torque converter. Mean while keep looking for a simple explanation.

  2. #2Parlusk2026-01-19 21:32

    Thanks for the reply. e brake is off. I there is no change in engine rmp when shifting into forward to reverse vice versa. I am guessing there is enough room to just unbolt the transmission and slide it back? I have not looked into that part much yet. I am hoping for a simple fix but my hope is running low lol.

  3. #3alrman2026-01-20 06:18

    The Shuttleshift transmissions have a issue with broken circlips which retain the modulator piston/valve. It's worth taking a look at that before you get serious about pulling the transmission. This Thread discusses the problem & more..... (edit) That thread links to earlier threads which seem to have disappeared??

  4. #4Parlusk2026-01-20 07:54

    Thanks for the reply. I took the valve body apart. Everything looked good the clips were still installed

  5. #5JBrady2026-01-20 14:49

    Neutral cutout circuit? There is one button on the gear shift and one on top of the loader joystick.

  6. #6Parlusk2026-03-02 01:31

    Figured I would update... The bell housing was full of oil. The torque converter was shot; the charge pump bushing was in bad shape. We are in the middle of a complete trans rebuild. One thing that we did find that was super odd is that the pistons in the clutch basket on the input shaft, it looks like there is a chrome coating on them that was coming off it was all in the oil and it scored the cylinder walls up pretty bad.