why does the boom swing to the left without touching any of the levers? Just started this. When you let go of levers the boom goes all the way to the left by itself. Its a freinds hoe. thought i would try to help him.
I wish I remembered why our backhoe did that for a while. We had the same problem, can't quite remember how it was fixed or what the reason was. When you find out can you let us know? I'm curious. Blake WA
I'm not expert on backhoes but when we have a runaway control like that it usually means there is a shuttle valve stuck, a cross flow leak in the hydraulic manifold or a shuttle valve just plain worn out and leaking from the neutral position. It could also be a little bit of trash under a valve seat if there is such a thing in the system. Work the fire out of it by cycling the valve a lot and see if that does any good?
Same thing happened to my Super L. Case changed out the linkage and manifold under warranty. I heard it was pretty common on early L's, I thought they had it fixed in later 'L' and all M's though. www.texastriallawyer.com/case580L/Default.htm
Inspect the spool on that section of the valve body for a broken spring. Case hoes use an open center system. So the only way fluid can go to that function is if the spool is not in the neutral position. Or a cracked valve body, which in Cases is very unlikely. The centering spring is located at the bottom of that valve section and is inside the cup. The cup is held in place by two allen head cap screws. The spring is retained on the spool by a small E-clip.
fixed it Ok, here is what I found... If you look under the rig there is the valve body for the hoe controls. There are caps with a hex head. I assume that these are the covers or housings for the springs mentioned in the above post. ONe of them had worked loose. I hand tightned it and then a little more with some channel locks ( all i had at the time). And presto problem gone. I checked the other caps and tightend them also. Ran great. No problems. 400' of footers 30" wide and 30" deep and it ran like a shweety
Xcopterdoc, you really lived up to your signature man. Way to go!!!! You've done this before haven't you!