I have a 1969 580 CK It was running fine when I dumped a load from the bucket and it shut down just like I pulled the shut down. I have fuel getting to the pump but when I turn it over nothing at the return line or the injectors, any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like your pump went south. Send thepumpguysc a PM and he can probably fix it.
That's not good.. shut down while running.. usually means it locked up?? Unless it has an electric shut off on it?? & YOUR SURE you have fuel IN..
Plenty of fuel. I read there is a pin that can shear. Is there a way to check that without pulling the pump. If the pump is locked up can it still be rebuilt or is it junk?
I stuck the tank and it is over half full and I took the fuel line off at the pump and fuel came out in a good stream.
An easy test.. remove enough fitting at the inlet, to allow a straight down shot into the pump. Fill it with fuel until its to the top.. now spin the engine.. did the fuel go down?? or stay the same. IF it stayed up top, the drive isn't spinning the back.. usually means "locked-up"..
Fuel stayed the same. Can it be repaired or do I need to find a different pump altogether? I should probably find a service manual so I follow the right procedure when I pull the pump
WHAT PUMP do you have?? CAV/Delphi or Roosa Master/Stanadyne.. Does it have an electric shut off solenoid?? {CAV} Make sure its working.. You can hear it click slightly w/ 12v applied. CAV instructions> The drive is keyed.. & theres a timing "push pin" under the inj. pump. Theres a plug on the bellhousing that'll give you access to the flywheel.. Theres a tool that gets inserted to make spinning the engine 1000x easier to turn. & you need a puller to get the pump off the drive gear.. RM instructions> Shut off the fuel. Remove the side cover. Rotate the engine until the rotating line matches up w/ the stationary line.. "IF" the drive shaft isn't snapped in half.. Once the lines meet, remove the lines & linkage.. remove the 3 nuts that hold the pump on & pull back.. Give me the #'s off the nameplate & I'll look up the main pumping part, the head & rotor. IF its seized, unless you find a supplier that wont charge you a core charge, be prepared to pay one.. a seized H&R is not an acceptable core..
You can get it here --free to download ----> http://files.minnpar.com/partbooks/...MANUAL/Case 580CK Series C Service Manual.pdf
Here are the numbers off the pump the best I can get them. It is a Roosa/Master The numbers are DBGFCC431-30AJ, 691364, G45423, 1900. If I wrote A G it could have been a C or vice versa. I don't know which of those numbers will help. I do appreciate the help I am getting. I should have the time to pull the pump Tuesday weather permitting. Unfortunately the tractor is in the field.
If its a 30AJ its a RMaster/Stanadyne w/ manual shut off.
Yes it is a roosa/master with manuel shut off.
THIS might turn into a "fiasco".. its gonna be harder than a "normal" pump removal if the pump is locked up.. Theres a few things that you need to do BEFORE pulling the pump, just incase you have to take the front of the tractor apart.. to pull the gear.. inorder to remove the rest of the broken inj. pump drive shaft. Make a scribe line on the outside of the pump housing & the engine block.. basically.. your own timing line.. because, if the pump is seized, the lines inside the pump timing cover, aren't gonna move or line up.. Time the engine thru the hole in the flywheel cover to TDC #1 cyl.. You can verify this by removing the valve cover & watching the valves..
Thanks pump guy. Thanks to tinkerer I have the service manual now but it didn't say about scribing the outside. I will do that for sure as well as getting the engine to tdc. I might be able to start on it tomorrow. I'm getting anxious to see what the problem is. Might of had a real mess if not for you folks.
Have the pump removed. The shaft is intact as far as I can tell How do you check the pump to see if it can be rebuilt?
THATS a GOOD sign.. "IF" the pump had locked up, the shaft would be broken.. ALL pumps can be rebuilt.. but sometimes its more realistic money wise, to buy a new pump.. YOU cant tell.. I can.. all it will cost ya is shipping here. {free estimate}
fantastic. I am trying to send a pm to you but I am new to that process.
Beatcha to it.. lol