Hi Everyone, I'm from Ukraine, and my English not so good, sorry for this. I have a problem with front bucket clamshell on my CAT 432D (2001 year): Every morning when I start to work the clamshell works perfect. But in the afternoon, when I turn off the engine, take a lunch and then start to work again - the clamshell on the front bucket does not work. All other systems including front bucket at all works perfect, but only without clamshell function. If I don't turn off engine during the day - clamshell works perfect hole day. So this problem appears only with the "warm engine" after restarting. With "cold engine" every morning all ok with clamshell. Have you any ideas what is this? Thanks in advance! P.S. CAT 432D operates with electronic joysticks.
Well, that sounds like a head scratcher! When you say it doesn't work at all, is it not doing anything?......or barely moving? Is there any change in the engine rpm's when you try to move it? Have you noticed any unusual noise when this happens? There is just a lot of variables to determine whether it is an hydraulic or electrical issue.
Thanks for the answer. It doesn't work at all, no any noise, changing rpms and so on. So It definitely electrical issue. Maybe some solenoid or something like this
What is the Serial Number..? The Serial Number will determine what is the correct Electrical Schematic for your machine.
Fix Nige up with your machine serial number. I believe he can assist you in tracking the issue down. Its not making sense to me as to why when the machine is stopped that an electrical problem just shows up on restart but doesn't if you leave the machine running. It doesn't make sense to me hydraulically either! An electrical schematic will show how the system is wired and what things need to happen for operation.
Nige, please see serial number: 432d bld00843 Hope, you will help me. Many thanks!
Here are the correct Electrical & hydraulic Schematics for your machine.
Thanks. We will try to sort out. But at first sight it's not easy
What was the problem?
I have a a 432D front bucket auxiliary problem also. I have lost my front joystick software from black box. The electrical guy installed back. Bucket was open and close 30 of 30 times when tested. After I started work with it, 4-5 upening and closing situation, get stuck in opened position and won't close. Then I move and work with backhoe, then gone back to push with the front bucket just tried to close and was worked. When opened it again get stuck again. Random times I can close but not working perfectly. The solenoid valve magnets are okay. It is magnetize when turn the thumb rocker right or left. I changed the magnet to new one on the close valve, I cleaned it inside. The magnet move the rod in solenoid. One of the time I just moved every position the joystick and get close the bucket. Then I open back and still stuck again. Then is try to move the joy forth and back, close again. But not work this method every times. Serial is: bld00964 2001 Cat 432D parallel front, thumb rocker has a left and right magnetic switch. @Nige please help me! (Orry for my English also, I'm from Hungary, Europe)
I'm sorry I can't be of much help other than top say that it requires Cat ET hooked to the machine to determine exactly what has happened inside the AUX Hydraulic ECM and what Diagnostic does it has registered.