Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 CK seat spring

DBARH ยท 2010-11-23 16:27

Hello, does anyone have a description of the spring that goes in the seat post for a 1968 580CK? I have looked on the case site, got a part number, called the dealer and the part is unavailable. So I am thinking Bolt and screw house has springs if I new the size and weight rating? Thanks Dbar

Replies3
  1. #1gggraham2010-11-24 00:21

    Check Schaefer Equipment they have used case parts. http://www.alliedinfo.net/aqs/c204?ag This is the part # lookup page, if you don't find it give them a call or an email.We managed to get parts for an old 850 from them.

  2. #2drinderer2010-12-04 21:35

    Mine was missing and i replaced with one from mcmaster carr. They sell spring stock in 36" lengths. I just measures the I.D. of the inside of the seat part of the post and ordered one that would fit. I didn't even cut it to lenght 36" worked well. www.mcmaster.com

  3. #3Nhshaun2021-12-01 16:41

    I know this an old post but i recently replaced my worn out seat spring with one from Mcmaster for around 16 bucks shipped. (It worked great) Someone shared this info on another thread and i thought I'd share it here for future visitors. In case you aren't around your machine to measure like Drinderer suggested above ^^ Line Product Ordered Shipped Balance Price Total 1 9662K35 Compression Spring Stock, 36" Overall Length, 1.25" OD, 0.954" ID, Packs of 1 1