Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B when the steering wheel is turned the tractor continues to go straight

MidnightTowing ยท 2010-11-23 20:57

it seems as if the tractor is surfing on top of the ground when i turn the wheel left or right.it keeps going straight even though wheel is turned.:spaz:spaz nothing seems to be broken?? any suggestions

Replies8
  1. #1El Hombre2010-11-23 21:02

    Is the diff lock engaged? Don't know if you got one, but when I had that kind of problem, it was the diff.

  2. #2MidnightTowing2010-11-23 21:04

    ok how do i know the diff lock is engaged? i do have one im prettty sure

  3. #3MidnightTowing2010-11-23 22:12

    thanks soo much it was the diff lock stuck.. i appreciate it much.

  4. #4El Hombre2010-11-24 19:39

    That was quick. I don't know how I managed to step on a pedal under the seat, but I did. And the steering didn't seem to work. Just like yours. Took me a couple of hours of looking at stuff before I realized what it was. Where is the pedal on your case?

  5. #5Fordman2010-12-25 00:08

    Where is the Diff lock on the 580B

  6. #6roadrunner812010-12-25 00:41

    Next to foot throttle, should be a small round pedal.

  7. #7Puffie402010-12-26 05:06

    On our 580B the diff lock is a round pedal, and is slightly forward of the seat position lever on the left hand side of the seat. down against the floorboards is on, up is off.

  8. #8Fordman2010-12-28 22:30

    My serial number on the steering column says BCK would that be any different, I dont see either pedals like that on mine and I replaced the clutch recently and would think I would remeber attaching a diff linkage, and I think I have 2 brake pedals could one of them be it because I havent even been able to get much traction with the hoe on the back in the ice and when I hit the right brake pedal the right wheel stops and the starts spinning the left?