My 580 c has a bad motor. I have a chance to get the motor from a 580 k. Is it possible to replace the 207 motor with the one from a 580 k. It looks like the shuttle shift is the same. Any thoughts Thanks in advance
It can be done, but it requires changing out a lot of parts not just a simple engine swap. It is cost prohibitive. Alrman did it many years ago. HeavyEquipmentForums
I see it done, that is fitting a wrong engine. It is in every case a big job. It's way more involved than an engine rebuild. It is more than adapting a different interface rear & front. You might spend more doing it than the tractor will be worth. My son bought a 580B with good engine, He paid $2000. By the time he had new tires on it he had more money in it than he could sell it for. Still needed several cylinders repacked, dozens of hoses, both buckets needed rebuilds. I know a farmer who adapted an IH 466 to a big Alice Chalmers farm tractor. Took a year or more.