Shown is a hose that is cut off by someone in the past. I just got the hoe and worked it for the first time yesterday, worked fine. I noticed this hose that was cut off and was wondering what it did. Hoe runs fine and does not leak any oil at this hose. Could this feed some option the hoe once had? Ah the joys of an old hoe. Just like box of chocolates you don't know what you got till you open it!
All I can think of is maybe one hose to an extendahoe which may be tied back for now and the other hose might be removed.I thought the hose that is capped might be smaller which would mean that is was high pressure but the hose is just scuffed and worn and those hoses would both be high pressure anyway.That is interesting,let us know what it turns out to be.Ron G
I was going to say it might be an auxiliary line, but Im pretty sure the auxiliaries run outside of the boom on everything older than an N Series. I think RonG is right, probably just an old hose that was replaced and simply cut. If it has an extendable dipper, its most likely an old extendahoe line that someone didn't feel like pulling through.
Would have been for a tilt head or hydraulic quick hitch - in a former life. I would pull it out & get rid of it, it is only crowding the space for the other hoses.