My 580 k just blew the gland right out of the tube. I am looking for a used tube and gland. Anyone know where to look? I tried a place in southern illinois and one in indy but no luck. This is such a common machine, i cant imagine there are no used ones out there. it is the left side outrigger, if your digging. Thanks all!
I was in a salvage yard in southern Ga. last week and he had several Ks being disassembled. Blount parts & equip. 800 659 3111. they ship, don't know what that would cost.
I have bought some used Case parts from Wengers of Meyerstown, might give them a call... http://www.wengers.com/ Dave
What caused the gland to come out of the tube ? Are all the threads stripped from a previous cross threading mistake ? There is a way to salvage it for a one more time use.
Often times the threads on the gland are destroyed solely from the initial seperation. The barrel is ruined too as it usually spreads thus allowing the grip area of the threads to be reduced. The combination of the (2) factors lets things start moving, destroying both pieces.
I am still curious as to what caused the initial separation. illinoisboy said it blew out.
I have only had this happen on (2) Bobcat cylinders. In both cases the piston hit the head gland at full extension. In the case of illonoisboy's out rigger cylinder I'd be surprised if this is what happened. How often do you fully extend the O/R cylinder? It seems as though the OP has found what he needs and may not be back to the site for a while.