Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 newbie

Jake1965 · 2023-08-23 08:29

Hello to all I joined your site because it seems very helpful for these tractors. I just bought this tractor about four weeks ago. Interesting delivery I’ve never driven a 580 backhoe or any backhoe for that matter and the truck driver told me I had to back it off the trailer, which was an interesting task. Right now I’m trying to figure out the year or any info so I can order some service manuals and maintenance manuals so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I attached some photos of the tractor with a model number tag. I am also in need of a seal which looks like it’s a front pinion seal and I’ve hunted high and low, and I can’t seem to find a part number for this item. I have attached a picture of this, and would appreciate any help in identifying the part number for that seal Overall tractors in good condition came with a few leaks. I had to repack the front tilt cylinders already but other than that everything else seems pretty good. Maintenance seemed very well done on the tractor hours logged on the filters, so I think it’ll be a decent tractor. Thanks again for any help .

Replies15
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-08-24 11:04

    Welcome to HEF, Jake ! Does the gear shift come up through the floor or is it in the console ? Case has an on-line parts manual, but you need to know if you have a 580K or the successor to it the 580K Series III (3). I have the service manual and I can make it available to you Free of course.

  2. #2Jake19652023-08-24 21:51

    Thanks Tinkerer! The shifter comes up through the floor.

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-08-24 23:06

    You have a 580K. There is no series 1 or 2. It always seemed strange to me that Case named them that way. This is a Link to the Parts Book

  4. #4skyking12023-08-24 23:11

    Welcome Jake, nice backhoe. Tinkerer will set you straight on it. Post up your projects when you get going.

  5. #5Jake19652023-08-25 18:04

    Thanks for the info! Is this the service manual you have.

  6. #6Jake19652023-08-25 18:05

    Thanks, will do.

  7. #7Jake19652023-08-25 20:01

    I meant does your service manual match this model/series.

  8. #8farmer mike2023-08-25 20:58

    I have a 1987 580 k

  9. #9Tinkerer2023-08-25 21:37

    Yes I have it for both series.

  10. #10Jake19652023-08-25 23:46

    What would it take to get a copy of it?

  11. #11Tinkerer2023-08-26 07:13

    Send me your email address in a private message (PM). I will send you an invitation to download it from my Google Drive.

  12. #12Jake19652023-08-26 08:10
  13. #13Jake19652023-08-26 08:19

    Now I just need to figure out how to PM!

  14. #14Tinkerer2023-08-26 13:27

    Just click your curser on the username in the left hand column. Then click on start a conversation.

  15. #15Jake19652023-08-26 17:18

    Thanks, just sent the info!