Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310B Thermostat

Svendrick ยท 2023-08-24 18:26

Hello, tyia. I have a 310b, running hot. Took off the manifold that the upper radiator hose connects to expecting to find the thermostat there and found nothing. Is it supposed to be there? If not where should I look? Thanks again.

Replies5
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-08-24 18:57

    Gasket T20215 Thermostat RE33705 these are Deere part numbers thermostat is 180 degree

  2. #2Svendrick2023-08-25 06:18

    Thank you, that is where I thought it should be. Seems someone took it out. I hope this is the reason why it's running hot, but I doubt it.

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-08-25 06:59

    Someone most likely removed it to fix an overheating problem. That is not a good thing to do. It should have the proper thermostat in it and then find the real cause of the overheating. Look for the most common causes. Slipping fan belt(s), defective water pump or solder bloom in the radiator.

  4. #4Delmer2023-08-25 11:39

    That might not be a bypass thermostat, so it wouldn't cause overheating if removed. You can a bypass thermostat by there being two different coolant passages from the engine in addition to the passage to the radiator. By far the most common cause of overheating is dirt, oil and chaff plugging the air side of the radiator. Put a light on the other side and see how much dirt is there, most likely you won't even see the light in some places.

  5. #5Svendrick2023-08-27 19:38

    Thank you Delmer, I will.