Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 shuttle

scotty Earl ยท 2022-10-30 09:00

i have a very loud whining sound and vibration in my shuttle hydraulic lines in and out of the front filter. i have changed the oil using "premium tech heavy tractor oil" and a new filter, it only moves forward and reverse sometime and the pressure gauge is in the green. owning a piece of equipment is all new to me

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-10-30 22:07

    Was the whine and vibration going on before you changed the oil and filter ? What is premium tech heavy tractor oil ?

  2. #2scotty Earl2022-10-31 07:40

    good morning, I bought the tractor, drove it home and ran it around for a couple days then the whining started and it would not drive forward or reverse so I put it up on the outriggers and ran it enough that it started to drive again in the air. changed the oil and filter which did not help. called out a mechanic and he wanted to bring it to his shop to take it apart. The guy I bought it from is helping with repairs also and he took the hoe off and now it drives but still whining. it has been taken apart recently and had the clutch and torques convertor worked on by the guy I bought it from. the oil is described as " recommended for year around use where a common pump, or a single fluid is used in the transmission, hydraulics, differential, final drives, PTO, power steering and wet brakes" bought it a Walmart

  3. #3scotty Earl2022-10-31 07:41

    Thanks for your help Tinkerer

  4. #4Vetech632022-10-31 07:56

    If the oil you bought works in finals and PTOs, it's probably too heavy. I think those used Dextron back in the day

  5. #5scotty Earl2022-10-31 08:59

    thanks, i think i read that someplace also, i'll let you know how it turns out

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-10-31 09:01

    X2 on what Vetech63 said. Your description of the oil is tooo vague. Can you post a photo of the container ?? I don't know of any oil suitable for differential and can also can be used in a 580 shuttle.

  7. #7scotty Earl2022-11-02 09:29

    I'll try and get a pic on, take one today at the shop but am going to replace anyway with dextron