how do I get my bucket to float without any down pressure when pushing snow.... thanks....
I believe you have to push the lever until it goes into the float!
Sheepfoot is correct , the lever should snap ahead and lock , if it don't there is a problem in the bottom cap of the spool.
and what's the best bucket curl angle... pointing straight ahead, slightly u,p slightly down? I'm trying to figure that out as I'm just starting to clear snow with my 580 K
Lets start at the beginning, first air up both rear tires so the pressure is the same. Move the machine to a flat slab or driveway. Raise the loader up about five feet and dump the bucket fully, use the return to dig and bring the bucket back level, lower the loader down until it is about 1" off the ground at the cutting edge. If you have bolt on cutting edges you want the lower edge surface level with the ground with around 1/8" pitch to the front. This is about the same for a weld on edge. Some may want more but you need to insure you don't eat the rear of the bucket off and cause heavy wear on the very end of a weld on edge. Curbs, manholes, stumps, other things built or frozen in the ground can wake you up or cause damage, it is better if you can scout areas out before snowfall events to mark things out. Once you check your tire pressure and try the rtd let us know and we can help you adjust the pitch you want.
Well Said sheepfoot
Sheepfoot, I had a customer hit a manhole or other immovable object so hard he stretched the vertical arms at the bucket cylinder pivots enouigh that the pivot bearings slid out on their own easily, had to replace them but that is the only one of those I have seen. If there is no room in the slots to get the RTD switch adjusted properly the switch arm can tweaked to get the desired digging angle, as you pointed out a degree or two of downtilt is desirable. I suppose if he is not familiar yet with it he could mark the leveling gage on top of the right linkage, as you said buckets can be ruined quickly riding them on the back. Letting it hard to the floor and checking it will take any slop out of the linkage.
Be sure to wear your seat-belt when you are plowing snow. Bad things can happen if you don't.