Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super E replacement seat

Lawrence M Paige ยท 2019-07-06 17:53

Hi Guys, I want to find a new, economical replacement seat for my SE. Can you point me in the right direction regarding proper fit and price? Thx This is my current throne....

Replies11
  1. #1Bls repair2019-07-06 19:43

    Take it to an upholsterers. Probably cheaper.

  2. #2alrman2019-07-06 22:18

    Sometimes the steel outer casing of those seats gets a little too rusty to even consider getting it reupholstered. If you do a google search for "forklift" or "tractor seats for sale" you should come up with some options at very reasonable prices. I have bought a few for under a couple of hundred bucks each in the past. You may need to drill a couple of holes in the pedestal frame or fabricate a bracket or two, nothing too difficult.

  3. #3Lawrence M Paige2019-07-07 14:30

    Thanks for the replies. I went to my local TSC and found this on sale for $145. Looked small at first, but is actually perfect. I threw in a pic for size comparison. Compared to a nice comfy bar stool, they are almost the same size...

  4. #4Bls repair2019-07-07 15:06

    If putting it on a bar stool it should have a seatbelt

  5. #5Steve1112019-07-07 20:37

    I got one on Amazon for 130. Looks great in there

  6. #6Lawrence M Paige2019-07-07 20:44

    $130 Is great! I would have done that, but I killed my "Amazon Crime" account, so I would have to add shipping. Also, I got it the same day I wanted it at TSC

  7. #7Lawrence M Paige2019-07-07 20:48

    Okay Guys, I installed it. Added a nice touch as well. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS LEVER IS FOR???

  8. #8Lawrence M Paige2019-07-08 15:17

    Okay, Since no one asked about the lever above, I'm gonna share it anyway. To spin my Case 580 seat, I had to slam the seat back to release the spin lock. I did not like this and this is what I did about it! The new seat rails were going to get tossed, but I noticed a nice lever attached. I cut this lever off and married it to a piece of tube I had. I then welded it to the spin lock mechanism and painted it. Now I can touch the lever and spin. Life is much better. Thanks for looking!

  9. #9aighead2019-07-08 15:37

    My seat spinner doesn't hold unless I hit it just the right way, happy to hear it's fixable without a whole lot of trouble. I haven't pulled my seat to see what's up yet, so it may be something easier than I expect. I'll probably go the TS route as well, that seems like a decent price. Is it comfy?

  10. #10Lawrence M Paige2019-07-08 15:49

    It feels nice and you can sorta adjust the armrest around before tightening them. If you get a good deal on it, you can't go wrong.

  11. #11bowen2019-07-09 12:17

    Several years back, I bought and aftermarket # B94116 from Coleman Equipment. (Maybe $110?) I had some issue with the bolt (metric maybe?) but it was no big deal. Coleman no longer has these, but might be available elsewhere. This option does not have the arm rests. I also worked forever cleaning, oiling etc to get the seat-spin mechanism to work OK.