Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310SG Service Code a

Brick · 2019-07-07 14:18

I have a 2007 JD 310SG. Machine has a bit over 8k hrs on it yet it’s not ever had any major mechanical issues with it. I have recently experienced on 2 occasions a Service Code F497. 1st time was when running the hoe for about 10 minutes. 2nd was after approximately 3 hours of running the loader. Machine never acted funny and all gauges showed no issues. I idled down the machine for around 2 minutes on both occasions and then cut the engine. Restarted to see if the code popped up and nothing. I’ve searched a million places for information on the particular code F497 and come up blank. Has anyone else had this code appear and if so, what does it mean? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1Tim Burke2019-07-07 21:06

    You’ll need to post your serial number for specifics, but in general it’s an injection pump flag. This info is contained in TM1883 Ops & Test manual.

  2. #2Brick2019-07-07 22:15

    Thanks for replying Tim Burke. The serial number is T0310SG959571 Injection pump flag? I never noticed any drag or anything on the machine. Are there any symptoms I might notice like in exhaust or hesitation?

  3. #3Tim Burke2019-07-07 23:56

    I’m no expert, I just have a 310SG and a set of manuals. Someone with more smarts should be along shortly. They’ll need that serial to answer correctly.

  4. #4Brick2019-07-08 00:18

    Hey, you and me both Tim! You just have one more manual then me! TM1883

  5. #5mg23612019-07-08 04:56

    Welcome to HEF Brick ! F497 (SPN 0001076 FMI 13) is for the injection pump solenoid resistance too high. A thorough check of the pump wiring and connectors from the ECU to the pump would be the first thing to check. Unfortunately there is no published spec on the pump solenoid resistance. Also take a close look at the ECU which should be mounted under the injection pump. If tag is still on it what is the part number? Also look at the ECU to see if it is swelled or looks like the cover is separating from the main body.

  6. #6Brick2019-07-08 08:04

    This is what I found in TM1883 (F497) (001076.13) Pump Current Decay Time Invalid. See 001076.13 in Section 04, Group 160 of CTM331 mg2361 is this the same thing you mention? Given the information See 001076.13 in Section 04, Group 160 of CTM331, I don’t know where that information is located. Book work is always frustrating to me....

  7. #7Tim Burke2019-07-08 08:57

    You can find a copy of CTM331 here. https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/silvioroman3/stanayneelectronicactm331-2 It won’t work well on a phone, but if you use a computer w/ acrobat you can DL it.

  8. #8Brick2019-07-08 10:39

    Tim once again I thank you for going out of your way to help me out. I’m at the VA right now, but once I get back home this afternoon I’ll jump on the desktop and check out the link you referenced.

  9. #9Tim Burke2019-07-08 10:44

    You’re welcome. Good luck w/the VA. That can be a tedious organization to deal with.

  10. #10mg23612019-07-08 12:14

    CTM331 is the component technical manual for the engine that is in your backhoe.

  11. #11zentnear12025-05-05 20:30

    I am having the same issue with my 310SG. What did you find the problem was and how solid you fix it?