Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super K Construction King 2wd

Jophiel ยท 2016-01-13 14:10

Hi everyone I'm new to forums so bare with me. Got a 580 Super K here. Trying to figure out the optimal fluids to be used, etc. I'm attempting to implement a proper maintenance program on this old girl. My understanding is Case recommends Hi Tran Ultra or Case TCH. It appears that Mobil 424 is an equivalent or better for $10 per gal versus $16. for HTU. My questions is since the trans. and hydraulics are separate systems can I use a cheaper hydraulic oil like Humble 46 for just the hydraulics without lowering the performance and longevity of the system?

Replies2
  1. #1Jophiel2016-01-18 11:49

    I'm going to use Humble 46 for the hydraulics and Mobil 424 for the transmission. Any thoughts?

  2. #2Delmer2016-01-18 12:17

    The big oil companies all make comparable oils to the Case Hi Tran. That should be fine. I'm not familiar with the Humble 46, do they have a heavier duty hydraulic oil for ag and construction equipment? Case may use Hi Tran for the hydraulics for simplicity more than anything.