Just picked this up a couple weeks ago. Have not really used to much. Today was just moving it around the yard and noticed that it would not go forward or reverse. I was able to get it to move if I played with the forward/revers shiftier. I had to this multiple times before I could get it to go. Not really familiar with Case. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet. Maybe tomorrow. I am guessing there is a switch in the column that is bad or needs a cleaning?
check ground strap under the console. My machine was doing same thing. It would cut out of gear or just not engage. Pressing the clutch button repeatedly would get it to engage..maybe. It was a bad relay in the fuse panel. While engine is off turn on electrics and move shifter. If no clicks are heard moving shifter good chance it’s the relay or ground. If you hear the solenoids click than you are moving the plunger..you have something else going on. Also..can be super dangerous by the way. That thing would cut out on me on a muddy down slope that would be a first gear crawl down...brakes were worthless in that situation.
Thanks Hammertime. I think I got it figure out. I pulled the shifter selector apart and it was missing a couple of nuts. I think some one was in there and did not put it back together correctly. Well I cleaned the contacts up and found a couple of nuts that worked and tightened it back up. The connectors are spring loaded and missing the two nuts allowed it to flex loosing contact causing it not to shift. At least that is what I am telling myself. Any good sights for case parts?
I’m a Coleman guy myself. Super convenient. https://www.colemanequip.com/ Some guys here who deal in parts can chime in if they know of a different place.
Great Thanks!