Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super M

davidjrtx ยท 2021-01-20 12:30

I am new here found the forum searching on google on cant get the cylinder apart pin out etc. I am not knew to repacking the cylinders though it has been a few years since I done any. I have rebuilt some on my 580k about a month ago got it in good shape doing the 580M now and ran into a stabilizer cylinder can not break it apart. Cant get that pin out either so took it loose at the tractor flipped it over got one done went to the 2nd one. I broke the pin spanner wrench we bought from case yesterday had about 8 foot cheater pipe on it then tried a pipe wrench no go. Going to try this peening before I break out the victor wrench...

Replies6
  1. #1davidjrtx2021-03-04 19:54

    Got around to trying it today, tried the big pipe wrench again the spanner tool with two of us instead of just me and could not move it. Grabbed a hammer whooped on it a little in a line moved over a couple inches and on around it came right loose I can see lots of rust on threads etc.

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-03-04 20:06

    Welcome to HEF, David !

  3. #3davidjrtx2021-03-04 20:09

    Thanks lots of good info here.. Glad I found the place...

  4. #4Delmer2021-03-04 23:17

    That peening trick will save you most times.

  5. #5davidjrtx2021-03-04 23:23

    I could not believe it worked and how easy it came loose. I broke one of the pins in that spanner tool case sells.

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2021-03-05 22:55

    Welcome to HEF David I hope you have fun here.