I have a Case 580 Super M series 2, when using the backhoe, the joy sticks lose pilot pressure. The problem is intermittent. Sometimes it will work for 15 min, and then I can let it sit for 15 min, and it will start working again. I have replaced the pilot control relay (was not getting power to my pilot controller). Once I got power to the controller there was a solid light on, so I also replaced the controller. The light is flashing normal operation, on for 3 seconds and then of and then back on for 3 seconds, even right after the joysticks lose control. Any ideas where to go from here?
I also should add that the light on the engagement switch stays on the whole time the issue is occurring.
Maybe someone can post a schematic that could help give you some points to check with a meter. Too many differences on these machines to remember from one time to another. I have the start section of the schematic on paper and F,N,R, section of the schematic, but that is all. Simon C
Still fighting this issue. I have replaced the switch, controller and relay and the issue is still occurring.
Have you checked the wire harness going down the pedestal
All the wiring looked good. Ended up pulling the pilot control solenoid coil off while the issue was occurring and found it was not magnetizing. Replaced the coil and the issue has not returned.